By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dark themed PS1 games?

Hey! So, I've always loved the graphics and feel of games made on the PS1. I dunno what it is, but they all have such a distinct graphical style, probably due to the limited hardware.

So, I wanna know of any good PS1 games with a thick, dark, atmosphere that I've missed. Preferably horror games but they're in pretty short supply. It would also be a plus if they were good games :P

I know of the likes of Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Parasite Eve, Koudelka, Nightmare Creates, and Alone In The Dark. Are there any other ones? 

]

Around the Network
Vikki said:

Hey! So, I've always loved the graphics and feel of games made on the PS1. I dunno what it is, but they all have such a distinct graphical style, probably due to the limited hardware.

So, I wanna know of any good PS1 games with a thick, dark, atmosphere that I've missed. Preferably horror games but they're in pretty short supply. It would also be a plus if they were good games :P

I know of the likes of Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Parasite Eve, Koudelka, Nightmare Creates, and Alone In The Dark. Are there any other ones? 

Fear Effect 1 and 2 has a dark mystical cyberpunk feel to it.  Best I can think of so far aside from your list.

EDIT: Blood Omen and Soul Reaver.  How did I forget about those???

Maybe Tenchu: Stealth Assassins ?

It isn´t a Horror game though, it is a stealth-Ninja game.

Pretty unique, may be worth a look !

I heard Clock Tower was good.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Medievil, sure it was a 12+ game so not really like a normal horror game, but the gothic dark comedy tone was awesome. The game also includes little girls wielding axes trying to chop you up.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network

Check out Shadow Man.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

As someone said before, Fear Effect. It is a pretty disgusting, yet interesting and unique game.

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain is good. It's not horror but it's dark and spooky.

Oh, gosh. There is also Castlevania: SOTN. Also, the first two Personas could be a consideration.