By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
WiiStation360 said:
Gamecube owner + elderly nursing home gamers ~= 37 million. Sounds about right to me.

/sarcasm

I'm positive they've used this as a basis for their logic.

If we listen to the fanboys, the gamecube was a kiddie system (and hence, so is the Wii as it is 2 GCs duct taped together), and since those kids have grown up, there aren't any more kids to buy the Wii. Also include the fact that old people die, so once they have died off there won't be any more old people left to buy them either.

Sounds reasonable to me!

Around the Network

Nah, PS3 uses the power of 4D to travel back in time and eliminate the Wii before it can claim the market

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

*Looks at the numbers from iSuppli*

Me: Wait...this cannot be....this is blasphemy! This is madness!!

iSuppli: Madness?...THIS....IS...ISUPPLI!!

*Smacks us with spreadsheets*

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

ClaudeLv250 said:

looks like someone has a crystal ball

Say, weren't there charts predicting that the DreamCast will overtake the PS2 and dominate the market? What ever happened to that happening?

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that predictions do not equal fact. Ever. On the off-chance that somebody gets it right, it's an educated guess at best, dumb luck at worst. Off-the-wall predictions like that stopped doing anything but make me laugh some time ago.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

asdfhsadflsjdhfjsdf

asdfhsadflsjdhfjsdf

asdfhsadflsjdhfjsdf

asdfhsadflsjdhfjsdf

asdfhsadflsjdhfjsdf

asdfhsadflsjdhfjsdf
asdfhsadflsjdhfjsdf
asdfhsadflsjdhfjsdf
asdfhsadflsjdhfjsdf
asdfhsadflsjdhfjsdf

i love how the report says wii should pass 360 this year in WW sales...wii passed it last year and is currently 4.5million ahead of 360

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
fkusumot said:
azrm2k said:
fkusumot you need to update that. Wii overtook 360 before it stopped selling and PS3 exploded.

wow. seems pretty acurate! y cant VGChartz implement these types of charts? BRILLIANT!

great stuff

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!