By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Post your gaming budget!

Last year, i got a Wii, Wii Play, Warioware, about 50 bucks of Virtual Console thingees, a nunchuck, and maybe 100 bucks worth of GCN games.

So for a total of last year, I spent around 600 bucks on Videogames.

This year, I'm pretty intent on Getting Wii Fit when it comes out and at least 2 or 3 Wii Games and lets say 50 bucks or so of used GCN games if they are good.

So that means I will spend about ~ 300 bucks on games for this upcoming 2008. That's about the same as 2007, come to think of it, were it not for my Wii Purchase.

How much do you spend a year on games?

Around the Network

no SMG, no MP3, no Zelda?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

well I'm only 14 so pretty much whatever money I get can be spent on games.

So why did they call it the 360?because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away- some guy on Gamespot

Christ, I hope my wife doesn't see this...

I probably spent about $2k in gaming in 2007. And that's a conservative estimate.

Rock Band
Xbox 360 (early in year)
~15 games
Guitar Hero III
PSP
PS3 used
10 months of Gamefly
... and I'm probably forgetting other stuff.

This year, it looks like a new gaming rig might be in order. That's another $500-1000 easily.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

wow i spent $300 every 2 months on games..... but im 21 and have a job

Around the Network

I usually give myself $120 a month to spend on leisure products, but that includes more than just games. But I'd say around $60 to $100 of that is always games.

ok, so I join:

Wii: 250€
WiiPlay: 40€
Zelda: 50€
SMG: 50€
EO: 40€
RE4: 50€
MP3: 50€
Eternal Darkness: 30€
ToS: 40€
Soul Calibur: 25€
F-Zero: 25€
NDS: 150€
Nintendogs, Zelda, and another 3 DS games: 200€

Total: about 1000€ or 1500 USD

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Maybe 300 a year. I try to save my money and make my brothers and sister buy everything.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

no SMG, no MP3, no Zelda?

Easy solution:

borrow borrow borrow

If everyone has a copy of Zelda, then why buy it? I'll just wait for them to finish and then play it myself. Same for SMG. I never really got into Metroid so MP3 doesn't interest me.

And DAYAM! you guys, I spent on average $50 a month on games and I thought that was a lot.

Probably around $1500-$2000 a year...more if you include blu-rays...

Last year:
21 PS3 Games
5 360 Games
72 Blu-rays

Oh, and 11 psp games....
Tons of accessories (controllers, memory cards, skins, etc.)

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450