By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fighter Within review

Why does this game score so low? I don't think Kinect can be THIS bad? At least not the new improved one. Is it the Kinect? or Ubisoft? or what exactly? If that is what we are to expect from Kinect games, I don't think it bodes well for the future of Kinect at all. Then XB1 will only have 2 other distinct features; Media Integration and Exclusives.

Please give me your honest opinion. The review is here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-29-fighter-within-review

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Around the Network

I expected this. 

It's currently sitting at a 26 on Metacritic.  It's a safe assumption that this game sucks.  

Does Microsoft have an upcoming 1st party Kinect exclusive? I mean either the third parties are not going the extra mile to properly utilize it or they just don't have access to the technology or know-how. Ok, I am not expecting a joypad or mouse precision but it shouldn't be this bad.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

This is especially funny because i think wall street journal (i believe it was them) featured an article that really overblow the proportion of the kinect.

Saying people really studied the technique and business all over the world were interested in using it.

Its pitty i have the worst memory ever, so i cant recall what exactly they wrote.

freedquaker said:

Does Microsoft have an upcoming 1st party Kinect exclusive? I mean either the third parties are not going the extra mile to properly utilize it or they just don't have access to the technology or know-how. Ok, I am not expecting a joypad or mouse precision but it shouldn't be this bad.

Kinect Sports Rivals (Rare Ltd).  It already has the preseason up and after playing it I can say it is pretty accurate and cool (beautiful design as well) but I still dont want it.  This is coming from a big fan of Rare,  New and old(Rareware and Rare Ltd).  I'm sure it will still be a good game with Wake Racing and Tennis but I'll wait for Rare's next game that they will be announcing with team number two or team number three.  

Fighter Within just looks bad in general btw.

Around the Network

I'll wait for Selnor's review of this game

I only trust him

007BondAgent said:

I only trust him

Wise choice, for now I advise you to use Amazon reviews.

Nothing good come out from Kinect. So far every game that come out on Kinect is utter rubbish. Even the wii is much more better than the kinect.

007BondAgent said:

I only trust him

It works perfectly

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’