By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 MP revisited (and why I hate it now)

After Halo 3 became a free download, I decided to dust off the old game case, pop that bad boy in, and get into some (now) old school action. I quit playing the game a few years ago when the population dwindled to almost nothing, making waiting times exhausting. But since it's free now, I figured that would be fixed. As of last night, the population was nearly 4,000...almost double what I've seen on Killzone SF, which is quite impressive.

Anyway, I thought I'd have a blast...seeing as how Halo was one of my first loves. I am better at that game than any other FPS, having played for an ungodly amount of hours during the Halo 2 days. But one thing popped up that I hadn't noticed in the years of playing the franchise that really infuriated me. Team killing.

It happened every single time I played, without fail. If I had a power weapon, like a rocket launcher, sword or shotgun, some kid was killing me and stealing it. It was beyond rage inducing, and it's something I forgot about since playing COD and other games. 

I've been saying this for years. Why have team killing at all? It's pointless, and only serves to ruin MP IMO. I understand the added strategy behind it, but it never works the way it was intended and never will. I think going forward, it's something devs should just take out of all FPS by default. Maybe leave it in for private matches between friends but take it out of public matches because it sucks. 

What do you guys think? Team killing yay or nay? 

Around the Network

Team killing is cool when there's heavy moderation behind the servers. When not (especially since Bungie left MS), it just becomes totally random, to the point of breaking the multiplayer.

Gotta find 3 other ppl or 1 other which is easier. Idiots online all day everyday

I didn't realize it got so bad. Whenever someone did it to me I booted him/her with a vengeance.

It's hard to legislate jackasses out of the game entirely though :(