By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you just saying VGX sucked to look cool? I actually thought it was decent...

Seriously. If anything, it was a whole hell of a lot better than the VGA's. Yes, most of the "world reveals" we already knew about, and the Loiter Squad part went on way too far, but I thought Joel was funny at times and Gioff (IDK how to spell SUE ME) stuck to gaming. It wasn't great, don't get me wrong. But it's better than the VGA's, and likewise better than having nothing. 

People on the interwebz complain too much if you ask me. Titanfall and Witcher 3 look AMAZING btw. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

The show went down hill as soon as Asscreed beat GTAV and Last of Us in the best action game

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It was abysmal.

The only entertaining parts were the trailers imho. I forget the name of the douchebag from Community but he is a douchebag.

Was there anything good announced? Don't have the energy to watch it.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
The show went down hill as soon as Asscreed beat GTAV and Last of Us in the best action game

Around the Network

i only watched the VGA'S for the announcements so yeah i was extremely disappointed since we just about knew everything except like telltale is making a borderlands game and no man's sky

I sat trough all of it, it was ok :)

Was good to me.

The structure was much better than usual, but the content just wasn't there. Last year we had "Exclusive world premieres that debuted at VGA 10 include Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, Epic Games' Gears of War: Judgment, Obsidian Entertainment's South Park: The Stick of Truth, Konami's Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Irrational Games' BioShock Infinite, Crystal Dynamics' Tomb Raider, Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed III: The Tyranny of King Washington, and 343 Industries' Halo 4: Spartan Ops. Two new games were announced, including Dark Souls II by From Software, and a new game called The Phantom Pain"

Year before was "The awards previewed world premieres of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Patriots, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, BioShock Infinite, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, The Amazing Spider-Man, the exclusive PlayStation 3 game The Last of Us developed by Naughty Dog, Command & Conquer: Generals 2 from BioWare Victory, and Fortnite from Epic Games. New trailers for both Hitman: Absolution and Mass Effect 3 were aired during the show, as well as a pre-show announcement for Tekken Tag Tournament 2"

Before that "Several new games were announced which include BioWare's announcement of Mass Effect 3, Prototype 2, Insane from acclaimed movie director Guillermo del Toro, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Mortal Kombat featuring Kratos, Resistance 3, Portal 2, SSX: Deadly Descents, and Forza Motorsport 4. Batman: Arkham City had another CGI trailer debut and the first trailer of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception aired during the awards."

This year it was only "The first game world premiere was a collaboration between Telltale Games and Gearbox Software called Tales From the Borderlands. The second game was Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, a graphical update, all DLCs, and port of Tomb Raider onto the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The third was Remedy's Agents of Storm Watch for the iOS. The fourth was Telltale Games' Game of Thrones. The fifth was No Man's Sky by indie developer Hello Games. This year also included reveals of Titanfall, Thief, Quantum Break, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Broken Age, Dying Light, Tom Clancy's The Division, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime demoed an upcoming Wii U game Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze"

In what way was this better than the VGA's last year. Serious question. Also I love Joel and his cynicism worked for the most part, but he did bomb a lot - I can't defend him for that.