By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is no one complaining about paying for PSN?

I took out the photo you had in your OP cause it's a bit much. You can add a real PSN photo if you want though.

Around the Network

Most PS3 owners around here probably already subscribe to PS+. Not like they're going to have to pay more on PS4.

I was willing to pay for live though begrudgingly, so I will pay for the PS4 if I feel like it. It have been trained into submission by MS.

Cj2i3 said:

Are you disrespecting Critter Crunch?

Because if you are, you have made a very powerless enemy this day.

Pffff. Magical Drop was much better!

well it seems like for most sony fans on this site, they fell into 3 categories.

1) the largest group were already PS+ subscribers, due to all the free and discounted stuff it gives you, including, auto-updates, downloads, cloud storage, etc. So when Sony made online for PS4 require PS+, it did not affect them, as they were already subscribers for other reasons. Most of these people, myself included were disappointed with multiplayer being behind a paywall, but were nonetheless unaffected, so we didnt put up much of a fuss.

2) the second group, and probably the smallest. Complained a lot, and were outraged, and either wont buy the system or just wont play online ever.

3) the middle group, were people who did in fact complain, but sucked it up and accepted the paywall.

for me i fall into the first group. I was already a PS+ subscriber, so i was unaffected. I was still disapointed at the policy, but it didnt matter much to me, as i get free or discounted games on PS3, PSV, and PS4 (and even PSP i think, but i havent played that in a while).

Around the Network

I have a Vita and PS3, currently getting five free games a month. I've been paying for PS+ before the announcement, so really can't complain.

Cj2i3 said:
d21lewis said:
Cj2i3 said:
I am upset that I have to pay for XBL to play online for the 360 and Xbone and I am also irate that I have to pay for PS+ to play online for PS4. With that said at least PS+ is throwing in games like Grid 2, Binary Domain, Resogun where with XBL I get fucking Kingdom of Keflings or some crap like that.

Goddammit. Say one more bad thing about Kingdom of Keflings and so help me, I will find you.

Alright man take it easy... take it easy.  

Wright said:
Captain_Tom said:
 It gives you everything Xbox Live does except:

-The games you get are worth playing and aren't insanely old

Let me give you the list of games Ps+ gave when it started:

North America
  Game Date added  
1 Wipeout HD June 29, 2010 [3]
2 Critter Crunch July 27, 2010 [4]
3 Mushroom Wars August 24, 2010 [5]
4 Zen Pinball September 21, 2010 [6]
5 Burn Zombie Burn October 19, 2010 [7]
6 Shatter November 16, 2010 [8]
7 Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves December 7, 2010 [9]
8 Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (episodes 1–5) December 14, 2010
PAL regions
  Game Date added  
1 Wipeout HD June 29, 2010 [10]
2 Zen Pinball August 4, 2010 [11]
3 Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (episodes 1–5) September 1, 2010 [12]
4 Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix October 6, 2010 [13]
5 Critter Crunch November 3, 2010 [14]
6 Cuboid December 1, 2010 [15]
7 Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves December 7, 2010 [16]

Let's see wipeout HD was 1.5 years old and Assasin's Creed II is 4 years old.  Thanks for the back up!  I love it when people support my point!

Captain_Tom said:

Let's see wipeout HD was 1.5 years old and Assasin's Creed II is 4 years old.  Thanks for the back up!  I love it when people support my point!

Iron Brigade, a game offered with Xbox Live Gold, is 2 years old, (or three, I don't remember now) and a game worth playing that is. So your point really has no substance, because lack of information can be sometimes someone's worst enemy ;)

Jega said:

Xbox Live was getting a little hate last gen for having to pay for it, while the PS3 was free to play online.

Many Xbox fans predicted that sony would change their tune after seeing how successful Microsoft was with the paid subscriptions.

PSN is no longer free.

Is PSN worth the price or was Playstation fans just upset that people were paying for live and not for PSN.

Mod edit: Took out the picture, feel free to replace it with an actual PSN picture.

Lol! You guys gotta love me!

Image courtesy of google images.

Don't you get free games??? So your not paying for just online gaming.

I'm never used the PSN, but by the sound of it seem like your screwing Sony and too good to be true.