By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Footage of The Order 1886 wasn't ready for VGX

Anybody that is hyping this show is going to be sorely disappointed. It's a disappointment every year. Just ignore it and wait watch the news sites and forums like you normally do and whatever cgi trailer they show for games nobody is surprised about will pop up so you can treat them just like any other story or post.

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
Ok, given this news and taking into account that the game does not have release date (or period) yet.
WHEN do you expect this game to be released?

I will go with August - September 2014.

Well they said they were aiming for fall 2014 at E3.  I would go with August -September as well.  

kupomogli said:
SxyxS said:

Well-do you really think that sony can announce 2 new games a month?

Or do you really think that sony is so stupid to waste a hype-machine like uncharted now while the demand is high anyway or should they wait until demand declines and show then spectecular ingame graphics to push hype?I think they should wait.Anyway we know there will be a new uncharted just like there will be a new halo or a new ssmb.

Sony will need lots of new stuff at e3 to impress people,why use it now.Can't waiste everything before and than have nothing new for e3!

They already have two games to be released(drive club,infamous) there is no need to turn attention away from these games.

Maybe it is not much right now,but neither MS nor Nintendo have so .

Then they shouldn't say anything at all.  The only people they're hyping thiis garbage to are people who already know of the games.  Nintendo only does a Nintendo Direct whenever they have new games to announce or games releasing.  They don't make a special announcement just so they can reannounce old games.

on the one hand it may be better for sony to have something like nintendo direct

on the other hand it would be even worser,You complain about these completely irrelevant twitter blabla from this guy i wouldn't even ignore.Well-i was more dissapointed from the inflationary use of nintendo direct because many of them were  dissapointing.Because my expectations at special announcements are much higher than some random pr blabla or semi private twitter post.

Now let me tell you what may happen at vgx-some new in game stuff from already announced games(focus drive club,infamous)

Destiny+a little bit of the new david cage game and either some  the order stuff or the last guardian(a playable demo of this game would get more attention than an announcement of 3 completely new games!)

That's the maximum i'd show people right know at such a show.

nnodley said:

Opinions?  How do they work again?  Just because you don't like the stuff sony has hyped/shown over the past year does not mean that no one does.  Plenty of people like the indies they are bringing us to consoles and that they are supporting indies so much.  Plenty of people are fine with them having only announced Driveclub, Infamous, The Order, and Uncharted as their big exclusives next year(could change).  I for one am hyped as fuck for Infamous, The Order, and Uncharted more than anything I have seen on X1 or Wii U. Looking forward to Everybody Gone to the Rapture, Rime, and plenty of indies on ps4 as well.  

My post wasn't whether the games that they were showing and reshowing were interesting or not, but the fact that Sony has been hyping "new" content, only to show the same shit again and again and again.  Sony should shut the fuck up and not hype every event like they're going to show us something that's going to blow us away, because while they might show a new indie game that hasn't been on the PS3/PS4/Vita,  or a port of Borderlands 2, is it really going to blow you away?  No.  It's a.) a port, or b.) an indie game.

kupomogli said:
nnodley said:

Opinions?  How do they work again?  Just because you don't like the stuff sony has hyped/shown over the past year does not mean that no one does.  Plenty of people like the indies they are bringing us to consoles and that they are supporting indies so much.  Plenty of people are fine with them having only announced Driveclub, Infamous, The Order, and Uncharted as their big exclusives next year(could change).  I for one am hyped as fuck for Infamous, The Order, and Uncharted more than anything I have seen on X1 or Wii U. Looking forward to Everybody Gone to the Rapture, Rime, and plenty of indies on ps4 as well.  

My post wasn't whether the games that they were showing and reshowing were interesting or not, but the fact that Sony has been hyping "new" content, only to show the same shit again and again and again.  Sony should shut the fuck up and not hype every event like they're going to show us something that's going to blow us away, because while they might show a new indie game that hasn't been on the PS3/PS4/Vita,  or a port of Borderlands 2, is it really going to blow you away?  No.  It's a.) a port, or b.) an indie game.

Fair enough, but I think they have shown a ton of content(triple A, indie, ports,) to get me through the first half of the year and to E3 for them to show new content.  Sony knows they have the hype and that demand is through the roof right now.  No reason to waste announcements when they don't need to.  I mean they can't appease everyone and they never will be able to.  

Around the Network

I was looking forward for a gameplay trailer reveal but, oh well, i guess i can wait. I just hope when they finally show it, it will blow me away. Really looking forward to this.