By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Marvel's MMORPG on 360 dies!

I read this story a couple days ago. Microsoft pulled the plug. This reminds me of "Mythica" I looked forward to that game years ago.  When they pulled mythica they put more resources into Vanguard. Well, we all know how that turned out. =(

The only MMO I know up in the works for the 360 is age of conan. That game is a couple months away from PC release and then the work will begin on the 360 version. So a year away?

MS stop killing mmos plz... =/

Around the Network
gebx said:
no more heroes for the 360!!!

Start a petition then, we haven't had one in a while!

Off topic; man, I can't wait till House starts again... 

Mummelmann said:
gebx said:

Start a petition then, we haven't had one in a while!

Off topic; man, I can't wait till House starts again...

Uh. It did already... I'm pretty sure i just saw a new episode pretty recently.

I really wanted to play this too.  Ah well.  Hopefully the DC one will come out.

Eh who am i kidding.  I'm not playing any MMO that forces you to pay a monthly charge. 

The soon to be most loathed word in gaming; 'Microtransactions'.

It would be a tricky venture trying to make an MMO based on a universe with set characters, it would basically just be City of Heroes/Villains with the template of the Marvel Universe for you to interact with.

I'm sure the logistics of how to make an MMO work yet stil tie the copyrighted characters to the player combined with controller concerns ended up dooming the project.

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:
It would be a tricky venture trying to make an MMO based on a universe with set characters, it would basically just be City of Heroes/Villains with the template of the Marvel Universe for you to interact with.

I'm sure the logistics of how to make an MMO work yet stil tie the copyrighted characters to the player combined with controller concerns ended up dooming the project.

I don't know.  It wouldn't be that hard.  How you tie the villians in are easy.

While the good guys , a lot of them could be used as shopkeepers for the differnt guilds there likely would be based on superhero teams. 

Some could be enemys in "Training Rooms" for the various teams.

Others could give quests.... and some could appear as helpful NPC's in some battles.

Financially...it was just not sound enough I guess...Blizzard is making a killing every month, but who else does? I'm looking at the current $50/year for XBL (no gripes from me, a I love the service, and I pay FAR more on my WOW and Tabula Rasa, plus the $199 for LOTRO lifetime.) plus a monthly subscription fee, plus the game, plus the maintenance cost, plus the...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

gebx said:

Hehe, gebx, didn't you post this same exact news over a week ago???

oh, wait you did! (I still like the title of your thread better )

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17041 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"