By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For those that played Devil May 4...what would you like changed for DMC5?

@Dark Lord, well if we really want to include personal opinions on games not related to this topic, heres one, Ninja Gaiden series in it's entirety is garbage >_>; NGS2 is going to be a steaming pile of crap.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

To play the PS3 version you have to wait half an hour before you play the game the first time. 4GB of space on your ps3 is required to play DMC4, that is crap.

I would have bought the game, but the 20 minute install put me off it. Having to not play on a game for 20 minutes is ridiculous, and it wont let me change the channel so that I can watch 20 mins of TV. It is like they are trying to make you not want the game.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
To play the PS3 version you have to wait half an hour before you play the game the first time. 4GB of space on your ps3 is required to play DMC4, that is crap.

I take it you haven't seen the load times ;) Or MASSIVE lack therefor of, it's absolutely incredible! I can do something for 20 minutes as I wait for an install, I wouldn't be able to get back my seconds as I wait to go through a door, or enter a cutscene, or bring up my menu. Besides, I live in a house that has 4 other gaming roomates, we all get to play this game, it's a massively great feature and I pity those who don't have the install option.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Parokki said:
Looks like Dabaus wants the game to be less like it's made by a bunch of Japanese guys, and more like it was made by Americans. =P

I haven't played DMC4 yet, but after playing the previous three parts and watching several video reviews, I'm a bit annoyed by how the gameplay is almost completely the same as before, and the camera continues to be horrible. I'm starting to think the Japanese are allergic to adjustable camera angles or something... -_-

I dare say japanese developers are afraid to innovate but the wii completey throws that argument out the window. I guess with established series they are afraid to innovate because the japanese market is hard to predict and if its not broke dont fix it. I would like to see the game made by americans if thats what it took to make it how i described,wont happen though.

Around the Network

Just a few things:

1) DMC3 is still tougher than DMC4 (The DMC3: SE version lowered the difficulty but DMC3 the original releases still remains the hardest DMC game ever)

2) I would like to see some type of clarification on Nero. Ok, yeah, so he is probably 95% positively thought to be Vergil (omg the evidence is overwhelming) reincarnated or something but something other than fan speculation is nice.

3) I would like to see some type of Buster system for Dante. No, I don't want him to get a Devil Bringer but I wouldn't mind seeing Dante crank out some finishing combos like Nero can do with the DB, and considering Dante is supposed to be way above Nero in terms of power a finishing combo move or buster animation would be awesome.

4) I would like to see that annoying proud soul system dumped in the garbage so that I can have my old proven red orb system back. People say the proud orbs was to prevent people from having to farm red orbs over and over again but I can honestly say that the system became more restrictive rather than accessible. Having to complete stages over and over again just to gather proud souls is far more annoying than farming for red orbs by going in between rooms.

5) Don't ever recreate the Savior fight. Ever. It wasn't fun.

Ask me how to turn a Rottweiler in to a Dodongo and I'll tell you the story of a lifetime.

I still don't get why Capcom didn't make so Nero can swith swords. I should be able to switch to Yamato any time I want. That would make him more comparable to Dante.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Well it seems like that other than Dark_Lord, most people will agree the game is kick ass despite needing a few tweaks here and there.

All in all, the sales of the game thus far pretty much guarantee that we will see another one so we may even see some of these ideas come to life. Even though I have a feeling that Capcom may decide to change the core elements of the game for next time as reviewers seem to be complaining its more of the same...which is just fine by me.