By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft seeing Xbox shortages in U.S.

@Aj_habfan
I think they are coming here in the UK. There are 9 360s 2nd hand in my local Gamestation window. That's more then 2nd hand PS2s they have (6). There are no PS3 or Wiis in the window.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

How can they have misjudges demand when they are selling just 25% more weekly than last year? It is not like demand doubled. Did they expect to sell the same number or less consoles as last year? I doubt MS is that stupid. Maybe they want to catch some of the Wii crazy, by forcing people to camp out for systems when the arrive.

I have a feeling they are stockpiling for the GTA launch, then will suddenly find a million consoles in a warehouse somewhere.

Hopefully supply is low because they are upgrading some of their production lines the handle a redesigned RROD-less version.

They're trying to play the Nintendo game.

madskillz said:
He's right. Walk into any store and you'll see one console in plentiful supply - PS3 40gbs. Everything else - is pretty much sold out.
 My Costco has had Xbox360 and PS3 bundles for several weeks straight.  I don't see an Xbox360 shortage and Costco usually gets supply after places like Best Buy. 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Maybe they should just pull all stock they have in Japan and Europe and make it US only :P

Yes

Around the Network

I see mountains of PS3's everywhere. 360 totally sold out though.

Sharky's post number=360 in a 360 thread. Awesome

I really am skeptical, but if people say they are seeing spotty shortages then I am inclinded to believe it even if I don't.

There are 3 factors I see.

1. Skus-2 skus is trouble, 3 skus is crazy, 4 skus is downright madness. Even legend11 is willing to agree with that.

2. Possible hardware update. Maybe the 45nm gppu is done and they are rtying not to make too many more with the 90nm to reduce the RROD systems in the future.

3. Retailers burned over the past few years are unwilling to stock enough units of all Skus to keep them regularly supplied, or MS is forcing allocation. The Wii gets gaurenteed space now that it is so huge even if it is empty most of the time. The DS and PSP need huge sections. The PS2 probably still is the software section king. The PS3 is coming on and has two skus. Mountains of Rockband and Guitar Hero and Crossbow boxes everywhere. How much extra space does a store have? If they miss a sale or 2 on a 360 systems what are they losing? $5 maybe? They make more money off the bargin bin DVDs.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

this isn't the same as what happened to Nintendo

Nintendo isn't playing a game to artificially drive up demand

demand simply oustrips their 1.8mil/month production

u can go buy a 360 in a store today, albeit a version u may not want

u can't go buy a wii today unless u get very lucky

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Well I was in Bestbuy in my home town in NJ last night and I see a stack of PS3 40gb and 1 stack of premiums maybe they need to distribute them better if there is a supply demand somewhere else. No Elites to be found though and arcades being hidden on back wall.

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)

SlorgNet said:
Typical Microsoft FUD. Anyone with functioning optic nerves can walk into any electronics store and see for themselves that the only truly supply-constrained console remains the Wii.

Which is why I haven't seen a Premium unit in my area in over a month. Gamestop was out last time I was there, Target has been out twice, and Best Buy didn't have any either.

Guess I must be a moron. Or blind. Or both.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/