By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DS can't even outsell the ps2 in US

So I sould make a thread saying: "PS2 was easily beaten by DS and Wii:" http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=DS&reg3=All&weeks=362

Man, DS already passed LIFETIME sales of PS2 in Japan.
DS is a monster, it shoewd that even not selling as much as PS2 in NA, it can overcome PS2.

Around the Network
stof said:
Yeah, I still see way more people playing PS2 on the bus than DS.
Phew, I thought I was the only one. It was getting to the point where I was getting embarassed to play my DS in public because all the cool kids have PS2's. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Banned in 3...2.. wait, already?

You give Frodo a bad reputation. Shame that he went through everything he did to save Middle-earth and you come in here and ruin it.

Dolla Dolla said:
stof said:
Yeah, I still see way more people playing PS2 on the bus than DS.

I thought I was the only one ...

No I see this happening alot to

Around the Network

I think that the PS2 is prob gonna sell more than the DS b.c sony is still ad. the ps2.
when the ds dies out i don't think that they will advirtise it. like sony did

the current ps2 is a good deal : slim for 130
the same as a ds

but the ds might have a slight edge in which it is a handheld and households usually buy 2 handhelds
the ps2 is a console and usually a household only has one console

@Soriku

I thought it was 4-5 years? Didn't it come out in 2004?

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

once again i gotta bring up ps2 numbers are inflated due to everyone having to buy 2-3.... because they break.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I'll bet many millions of those USA sales are repeat purchases of PS2 after breakdown, especially after so many years on sale.

I would think DS repurchases after breakdown are considerably lower!

@ swyggi: Lay down the acid, man. 2008 has just begun. The DS has been released at the end of 2004, so it's 3 years and 3 months old.