By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FAST Racing NEO powered by 2nd generation engine for Wii U supports and uses 4k-8k textures

Wyrdness said:
fatslob-:O said:

Go and do your homework kid. Come back and join the discussion once your ready or if your ever ready LOL. 

By the looks of the posts here only person who needs to do home work is the kid who just got schooled hard on bandwidth I believe your favourite word fraud comes into play now, too bad for you everything logical now days is based on evidence try arguing otherwise in court, hilarious you just admitted essentially you can't back up your own stance.

i already backed up my arguement a few pages ago pro go and look harder, fraud. The WII Us main memory bandwidth is 12.8 GB/s so deal with it! 

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/17/wiiu-memory-story/

Around the Network
F0X said:

BTW I wonder what happened to COD ghosts and origins for the WII U ? 

Arkham Origins was outsourced to Human Head. As for Ghosts, pick your poison. :/

A Treyarch dev on the official forums said it was harder to work with IW's code than Treyarch's.

well,got to deep into the stuff of bandwidth
as for the textures, well, i got no proves, but is interesting to note that there is another feature of the specs of the sdk of an alpha kit f wii u that has been claimed to be supported

first was multi threading rendering in project cars, then 1080p in a single pass, now its the texture sizes

http://www.nintengen.com/2012/07/wii-u-confirmed-specs-from-sdk-gpu-info.html

"
Graphics and Video

Modern unified shader architecture.
32MB high-bandwidth eDRAM, supports 720p 4x MSAA or 1080p rendering in a single pass.
HDMI and component video outputs.

Features

Unified shader architecture executes vertex, geometry, and pixel shaders
Multi-sample anti-aliasing (2, 4, or 8 samples per pixel)
Read from multi-sample surfaces in the shader
128-bit floating point HDR texture filtering
High resolution texture support (up to 8192 x 8192)
Indexed cube map arrays

8 render targets
Independent blend modes per render target
Pixel coverage sample masking
Hierarchical Z/stencil buffer
Early Z test and Fast Z Clear
Lossless Z & stencil compression
2x/4x/8x/16x high quality adaptive anisotropic filtering modes
sRGB filtering (gamma/degamma)
Tessellation unit
Stream out support
Compute shader support
"

F0X said:

Arkham Origins was outsourced to Human Head. As for Ghosts, pick your poison. :/

Relax I'm only trying to stir a couple of peas ... I mean people this thread if you know what I mean.

megafenix said:

more poor excuses and bullshit from this suppodly tech guy

selecting 1024 bits over 8192 or even 4096 bits when xbox used the 4096 bits alost a decade ago

What? Are you talking memory bits? Or something more internal?

Because the origional Xbox had a 128bit memory bus with 6.4GB/s of bandwidth.

The Xbox 360 however had a 128bit memory bus with 22.4GB/s.
Where the Xbox 360 deviates is with the eDRAM.
It has 256GB/s of bandwidth inside the eDRAM which is actually 1024bit@2ghz = 256GB/s.
However, that's not interconnect bandwidth to the GPU or system memory, the bandwidth between the eDRAM and the GPU is 32GB/s.
If you want wan't a fair comparison Sandy Bridge has an internal ring bus that's 436GB/s.
The Radeon 3850's Ring bus was also 1024 bit.
The Radeon 48xx series had a 2048bit internal hub bus.

So this is actually nothing new.
However when you start talking interconnect, then it's simply not going to happen, 4096bit busses would drive up PCB/package complexity exponentially.

Basically, no part of the Origional Xbox or Xbox 360 had a 4096bit bus, unless you know something I don't know from an architectural perspective?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
F0X said:

A Treyarch dev on the official forums said it was harder to work with IW's code than Treyarch's.

That's extremely strange since the WII U is easier to code for than the PS360! 

i already backed up my arguement a few pages ago pro go and look harder, fraud. The WII Us main memory bandwidth is 12.8 GB/s so deal with it! 

Nope it was shot down Mr. Fraudulent tech expert, try again who knows maybe you'll learn something again like how you found out you know nothing on bandwidth you can even call your aunt to sit through this one with you.

Pemalite said:
megafenix said:

more poor excuses and bullshit from this suppodly tech guy

selecting 1024 bits over 8192 or even 4096 bits when xbox used the 4096 bits alost a decade ago

What? Are you talking memory bits? Or something more internal?

Because the origional Xbox had a 128bit memory bus with 6.4GB/s of bandwidth.

The Xbox 360 however had a 128bit memory bus with 22.4GB/s.
Where the Xbox 360 deviates is with the eDRAM.
It has 256GB/s of bandwidth inside the eDRAM which is actually 1024bit@2ghz = 256GB/s.
However, that's not interconnect bandwidth to the GPU or system memory, the bandwidth between the eDRAM and the GPU is 32GB/s.
If you want wan't a fair comparison Sandy Bridge has an internal ring bus that's 436GB/s.
The Radeon 3850's Ring bus was also 1024 bit.
The Radeon 48xx series had a 2048bit internal hub bus.

So this is actually nothing new.
However when you start talking interconnect, then it's simply not going to happen, 4096bit busses would drive up PCB/package complexity exponentially.

Basically, no part of the Origional Xbox or Xbox 360 had a 4096bit bus, unless you know something I don't know from an architectural perspective?

Gee I wonder who's the poor excuse for a tech guy right now ? /sarcasm *rollseyes* 

I wonder if we can't take our leave now from these peas ... I mean people, pemalite ?  

Wyrdness said:

Nope it was shot down Mr. Fraudulent tech expert, try again who knows maybe you'll learn something again like how you found out you know nothing on bandwidth you can even call your aunt to sit through this one with you.

Denial much ? 

Denial much ? 

See at least you're now acknowledging where you're going wrong now it's a start.