By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR:GTA IV online multiplayer "unique to 360"

http://www.n4g.com/News-110683.aspx

nooo,wtf, downloadable content and online multiplayer support exclusive to 360

i hope its false,its really going to hurt sales of the ps3 version 

Around the Network

b to the s

“It’s an amazing piece of software and I’m really excited with its downloadable content and online multiplayer support,” he said, speaking to Major Nelson. “Again, that’s something that’s unique to 360. We think consumers are going to love that and it’s going to create, what I would describe again as the premium experience on our platform.”

He said that is... not they are.... I assume he is just talking about the DLC, cause otherwise M$ would have made something of the exclusive multiplayer

"downloadable content AND online multiplayer support"
there is an AND you see so,DLC and the multiplayer support

Obviously not true. This is taken from a quote by an MS employee. Don't you think they might be a bit more vocal about it if it were true?

This isn't the first time words have been misinterpreted. Remember when x-box fans posted all the rumours about 2 more additional chapters (as well as the 2 already confirmed).

Around the Network
playnext3 said:

http://www.n4g.com/News-110683.aspx

nooo,wtf, downloadable content and online multiplayer support exclusive to 360

i hope its false,its really going to hurt sales of the ps3 version

This is bullshit, both will have multiplayer:

http://www.n4g.com/News-110741.aspx

Rockstar has confirmed to CVG that "both versions of Grand Theft Auto IV will have an online multiplayer component", so it looks like Don Mattrick did get his words mixed up

LOL this has already been DEBUNKED

playnext3 said:
"downloadable content AND online multiplayer support"
there is an AND you see so,DLC and the multiplayer support

That is indeed what he said, but not necessarily what he meant. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the case though, given that PSN support comes at a greater cost for the developers (i.e. it's not customer funded like Xbox Live).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Rockstar have themselves debunked this already. Both will have online.

It was a 360 pat on the back session - you think they're going to say 'oh and apart from a couple of add on DLC missions both versions are the same'?

MS is desperate to push the notion of 'the full experience' and really I think are running the risk of overstating this view as even my 360 owning buddies are starting to get weary of it and I know I am.

Now they're getting so excited they're making statements that force Rockstar to correct them - this just makes them look like they don't know what they're talking about, plaing lying or both.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I think he's playing on words to try and get hype and such alike making people think they have online multiplayer when PS3 version does not. Naughty naughty.

Fact Rockstar already said otherwise and it's from a MS person proves this.

Hmm, pie.