By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No More Heroes cracks 100k in North America in only three weeks

*~Onna76~* said:
Wow, who says Mature games don't sell on the WII. I'm so pleased for Suda, I felt so sorry for the poor bloke with his almost sad face on that picture in Japan on release day, with handing over free toilet paper and not a single person was out there. Somehow it seems like Western gamers have better love for different Japanese games than the Japanese do themselves. Way to go US. Now its also up to Europe. I've kind of missed it, but has the game released overhere?

The release date for Europe is March 6 I believe.  Hopefully with continued sales in the US and the release in Europe NMH will pass 200k easily.  I'm even hoping for 500k myself.  I felt bad for Suda also, he had so much TP too, I would have definitely been down there and would have gladly shaked his hand.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Around the Network

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Riot Of The Blood said:
I don't get what the big deal is over 100k. Ratchet has sold over 800k units worldwide, and most people consider it a flop.

Am I missing something here?

Ratchet has proved it could get in the high numbers, but NMH is a new IP and is a niche game.  Looking at the 'success' of Killer 7 this looks very promising.  I for one don't consider Ratchet a flop anyway, unless it lost money.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

It's still not going to make up for the loss in Japan though. It's a shame that original games like this don't get a lot of sales.

Riot Of The Blood said:
I don't get what the big deal is over 100k. Ratchet has sold over 800k units worldwide, and most people consider it a flop.

its a big deal because its an small budge game with on advertising niche title. and its also suda 51 best selling game ever the game has sold 100,000 copies in only three weeks is amazing this alone guarantee a sequel in the future.

Around the Network
RDBRaptor said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

Ratchet has proved it could get in the high numbers, but NMH is a new IP and is a niche game.  Looking at the 'success' of Killer 7 this looks very promising.  I for one don't consider Ratchet a flop anyway, unless it lost money.

even though the sales are low in japan its still the best selling suda 51 game in japan in an America .

I still don't see why we should be happy over 100k. I'm expecting 1m units sold for this game worldwide. Let's face it, this is not the PSP we're talking about. The Nintendo Wii is the fastets selling console of all-time, it has a great attach rate, and it's the market leader. A great game should be able to do 100k with it's eye's closed on the Wii.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Great games don't always sell well, you should know that. And you should know Suda 51 titles by now.

RDBRaptor said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

@ RDBRaptor:

While I agree with you main point, I think people toss around the term "niche" a bit loosely. NMH is still very much rooted in the action/adventure genre, just very stylized. Like devil may cry on meth.

Riot Of The Blood said:

Other than Rachet being a proven franchise and the multi million dollar ad campaign, not much except for the dev cost being anywhere from 2x-4x as NMH. Also people expected NMH to flop, so it doing okay (as it has thus far) is somewhat of a success.

800k for R&C I guess is not what everyone was hoping for but (roughly)1 in 10 PS3 owners owning the game is good.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling