By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No More Heroes cracks 100k in North America in only three weeks

Daileon said:
Somebody have seen any news with Suda commenting about NA sales of the game? I'm curious if he's happy about it :)

Well this is Suda's face during Marvelous party to celebrate the good performance of NMH :

Looks like it's official : Famitsu is reporting these exact numbers (which MMV apparently disclosed during an event yesterday).
So, to summarize :

- 200K shipped to America (100k sell through)
- 40k shipped in Japan
- 160k shipped to Europe
- 400k shipped in total

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

Sounds cool. I just jumped on the Zack and Wiki bus, so it'll be a bit before I get NMH (Brawl and Okami first), but I'm glad it's done well. Perhaps a sequel will follow, that will allow it to move beyond being a niche title?

Nice, so it's already only 100K from their lifetime worldwide shipment expectations. So much for it being a bomb.

Good news. I think this game will be doing quite well this year.

But the most important question: Is Suda Swiss? Fan of Swiss soccer? Or does he just like to jump around on Grass? Maybe a reference to Amsterdam? No one knows...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I think Suda is happy again : )
I felt bad for him after the Japanese release... it had to be getting to him never seeing any of his games take off.

We are sure to see a sequel now, Suda himself said he is dieing to make one if they let him... after the warm reception of NMH in the west, we can rest assure they will let him make one!!!

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Oh and here is the picture about ... the cake, the lightsaber and Travis cosplay

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.