By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Social Media Making it Hard To Gauge Scope of PS4 Technical Difficulties

xmositox said:
Out of the three consoles in my household, one was defective. Probably buy the Infamous bundle

You pre-ordered 3 consoles?

Around the Network

Yeah... one for the living room. One for my cousin and one for myself... the third one I opened was defective.

a little bummed out but I was going to get infamous anyway.  I'll leave my ps3 in the living room. Wanted to replay Last os Us anyway

xmositox said:
Yeah... one for the living room. One for my cousin and one for myself... the third one I opened was defective.

a little bummed out but I was going to get infamous anyway.

what was the problem?

Update?

HDMI port?

HDMI port

killerzX said:
i agree. its a wait and see scenareo

The wait begins -_-  I guess we can watch people argue about who is or who isn't right in the mean time lol

Around the Network

Reliable Wii U? It had close or even more bad relates at the launch.

About PS4 we need real evidences of how much consoles are failing...

I think if there is a real problem, it would be obvious and un-ignorable.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

ethomaz said:
Reliable Wii U? It had close or even more bad relates at the launch.

About PS4 we need real evidences of how much consoles are failing...

I think I only saw 1 thread here saying the Wii U didn't worked at all during launch. The rest were stuff like extremely slow updates and, sometimes, game freezes (but the console still working perfectly). So I'm pretty sure very very few people had DOA Wii U consoles.

If we are to believe the PS4 issues (which with the recent news about what Amazon did there might be some ground to them), then it will be much worse than the Wii U launch. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

I think I only saw 1 thread here saying the Wii U didn't worked at all during launch. The rest were stuff like extremely slow updates and, sometimes, game freezes (but the console still working perfectly). So I'm pretty sure very very few people had DOA Wii U consoles.

If we are to believe the PS4 issues (which with the recent news about what Amazon did there might be some ground to them), then it will be much worse than the Wii U launch.

Amazon didn't do nothing about that.

And Wii U have one of the worst launch in terms of issues in the history (remember RROD was way post launch)... but I'm sure PS4 have issues... lower or more than Wii U? I don't yet... we just need more time.

ethomaz said:

osed125 said:

Amazon didn't do nothing about that.

And Wii U have one of the worst launch in terms of issues in the history (remember RROD was way post launch)... but I'm sure PS4 have issues... lower or more than Wii U? I don't yet... we just need more time.

I would like hard evidence for this. 

But anyway the Wii U issues were the extremely painful day 1 patch that took forever even with a fast internet connection and sometimes game freezes. Issues? Yes. Extremely big issues that broke your console? No. So calling the Wii U the worst launch in terms of issues is an exaggeration. If there is a failure rate for Wii U consoles at launch I would like to see it, and I honestly doubt is very high.

Nintendo and PC gamer