By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Man Tests Vita/PS4 Remote Play Over Mobile LTE Network

YouTube user The Phawx has tested the viability of remote playing a PS4 game on a Vita using a mobile phone's LTE network. The takeaway: it's surprisingly functional, even tested in downtown Manhattan, 10 miles away from his PS4.

Around the Network

I bet it works better than many would like to admit, for whatever reason. There's been a lot of positive stories about it so far.

NYANKS said:
I bet it works better than many would like to admit, for whatever reason. There's been a lot of positive stories about it so far.

Yes. I think this will also greatly benefit the Vita sales. Gradually though as more and more people will discover this great feature. I already see saw some comments on youtube asking what the Vita is, lol, and that it could be great to have along with the PS4!

Somini said:
NYANKS said:

Yes. I think this will also greatly benefit the Vita sales. Gradually though as more and more people will discover this great feature. I already see saw some comments on youtube asking what the Vita is, lol, and that it could be great to have along with the PS4!

They probably were joking. If you know what the ps4 is you know what vita is.

That looks like it works surprisingly well. There was some slight lag to it, but it looked playable otherwise.

Around the Network

i really thought it would work just meh ,a laggy PR gimmick

but now i tend to buy a second vita instead of a second ps4 controller(at the time i buy a ps4)
as there are many positive reviews

Must be a fake, we all know there is no working PS4 out there

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

siavm said:
Somini said:
NYANKS said:

They probably were joking. If you know what the ps4 is you know what vita is.

They didn't look like they were joking. It's like BenV said i guess, Game Consoles are much more popular with certain age groups. A lot of my friends, who game, but are not gamers like me, don't know what the PS Vita is. They think it's a PSP! PS4 though, now that everyone knows about!

Quick question: Does Vita off tv play allow you to play them online? My bro wants to know before he buys a Vita.

phenom08 said:
Quick question: Does Vita off tv play allow you to play them online? My bro wants to know before he buys a Vita.

Yes, as long as your PS4 is connected to the internet, as it's the PS4 doing the job of playing the game, the Vita is just acting as a screen and controller.

It can aslo function as a second screen.