By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Day One Impressions of the ps4 and various games!

BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
I have never accidentally hit the touchpad yet. Don't ever foresee that I will either. you must just be weird! :-p

Ya, for some reasons. I do hold the sticks in the middle of my fingers sometimes. lol, no comment for killzone!?

Nope just wanted to tell you that you were weird.

But Killzone is awesome.  One of the best looking games I've played.  Only two games I think that rival the graphics is Crysis 3 and Metro: LL on PC.  And maybe BF4, but haven't played it.  It's super smooth as well for being unlocked framerate.  Gameplay is the best in the killzone series, imo, and haven't gotten far into the story, but it's good so far.

Around the Network

what about killzone online mode?, I'm ready to move on from ghost online.

Now I know how all the Jewish kids feel on Christmas :(

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

there is a PS4 in my house but its my chirstmas present so i not getting until the end of december ):

I dug some more into NFS rivals today. It looks and drives great but the forced online stuff is pretty annoying. It throws you into a multiplayer game by default, in which you are still following single player objectives. So you think oh well nice to see someone else drive by now and then, until: 'Connection lost' in the middle of a single player race. Waiting for host migration, long loading times, and whatever race you were doing is now completely messed up. Plus there's a chance all your speed points (currency) are lost if you end up stuck against a wall with the cops next to you after reloading.
You can turn multiplayer off luckily, yet the game still doesn't pause. The only way to be safe is to go back in a hideout which triggers all the loading screens again.

Oh well the racing is still addictive, but I wish they had stuck to Most wanted's multiplayer and Hot pursuit's career mode. This TDU style single/multiplayer feels half baked.

I also played Flower today, my jaw hit the floor. Wow didn't expect it to look that good in 1080p. It plays smooth as silk in 60fps with the ds4. Great to play again.

And some more Resogun, very addictive. Is there a better way to find the keepers after they spawn? I'm randomly zipping through the level trying to spot the glowing enemies before the next human suffocates in its box. It gets very hectic. I love those base effects, definitely a game you want a subwoofer for.

Now I want to play some more KZ but I better go to bed. The kids will be up in 4 hours :/