By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4 decoded: New Pics page 15!!!

bananaking21 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Yeah he doesn't sound too nice in the teaser. Maybe we play as the bad guy!

i dont wanna play with him. i wanna be his enemy. or he is my enemy. a strong nemisis always makes a game better. 

What about a nice nemisis and a super evil protagonist? Flip the roles. Basically play as the bad guy hunting down Drake.

Around the Network

The guy who speaks does indeed talk as if he is directly adressing some characterization stuff that happenend with Drake in UC3.

I do think it might be the bad guy of the next game speaking and:

This sounds very personal, so my guess is it's someone Drake thought of as a brother or a close friend. Drake believed this person to have died or remain imprisoned, only he didn't and now he wants revenge and whatever Drake "owes" him.

From the trailer dialog, it sounds like perhaps Drake shared some prison time with this character, "Some chains can't be broken" (double entendre referring to their personal bond) "I lost 15 years" "You left me rotting in that hellhole and never looked back" sounds like Drake had an opportunity to escape without him and took it. Perhaps this is also what Drake referenced in Uncharted 1 to Elena...

Nathan Drake: Yeah, so unless you wanna end up in a Panamanian jail we should probably handle this ourselves.
Elena Fisher: Wh- What's worse?
Nathan Drake: You obviously haven't been in a Panamanian jail.

The 15 year timeline would make sense. Drake is probably about 35 in Uncharted 4. If this happened before Uncharted 1, Drake could be 20 at the time in panamanian prison.

Read the text again:

Some chains, can never be broken. I lost 15 years. Buried alive. Erased. You left me. Rotting in that hell hole and never looked back. But you can’t outrun the past. And when it catches up, when all your lies collapse around you. I’ll be there. Sifting through the wreckage.

You owe me.

Perhaps we're looking at this the wrong way.

Drake could've crossed this guy over and what that teaser implies with all the Every/Robert drury stuff... I mean, they were pirates: They must've had some treasure of sorts.

I mean when we heard the UC3 teaser with Drake quoting T.E Lawrences "All men dream", we didn't think we would be playing as him or in that time. Why? Because Drake was narrating it. I think ND are trying to throw us off. It feels like having no Drake is rather risky.

ALSO: UC3 was teased by just being "UNCHARTED", no number or name other than that. And ND said that they just wanted to confirm theyre making a UC for PS4 and that the full name will come later (basically implying the title isnt final).

Aldro said:

The guy who speaks does indeed talk as if he is directly adressing some characterization stuff that happenend with Drake in UC3.

This sounds very personal, so my guess is it's someone Drake thought of as a brother or a close friend. Drake believed this person to have died or remain imprisoned, only he didn't and now he wants revenge and whatever Drake "owes" him.

From the trailer dialog, it sounds like perhaps Drake shared some prison time with this character, "Some chains can't be broken" (double entendre referring to their personal bond) "I lost 15 years" "You left me rotting in that hellhole and never looked back" sounds like Drake had an opportunity to escape without him and took it. Perhaps this is also what Drake referenced in Uncharted 1 to Elena...

Nathan Drake: Yeah, so unless you wanna end up in a Panamanian jail we should probably handle this ourselves.

The 15 year timeline would make sense. Drake is probably about 35 in Uncharted 4. If this happened before Uncharted 1, Drake could be 20 at the time in panamanian prison.

Read the text again:

Some chains, can never be broken. I lost 15 years. Buried alive. Erased. You left me. Rotting in that hell hole and never looked back. But you can’t outrun the past. And when it catches up, when all your lies collapse around you. I’ll be there. Sifting through the wreckage.

You owe me.

Drake could've crossed this guy over and what that teaser implies with all the Every/Robert drury stuff... I mean, they were pirates: They must've had some treasure of sorts.

I mean when we heard the UC3 teaser with Drake quoting T.E Lawrences "All men dream", we didn't think we would be playing as him or in that time. Why? Because Drake was narrating it. I think ND are trying to throw us off. It feels like having no Drake is rather risky.

The 15 years is VERY VERY VERY likely referring to Robert Drury's 15 years of being a prisoner on Madagascar.

JoeTheBro said:
Aldro said:

Read the text again:

You owe me.

The 15 years is VERY VERY VERY likely referring to Robert Drury's 15 years of being a prisoner on Madagascar.

ALSO: UC3 was teased by just being "UNCHARTED", no number or name other than that. And ND said that they just wanted to confirm theyre making a UC for PS4 and that the full name will come later (basically implying the title isnt final).

Aldro said:
JoeTheBro said:

Yeah. Needed to make sure people like you knew Bend wasn't doing it ;)

Around the Network

Are we even sure that teaser was for an Uncharted game? I mean it said Uncharted, but no one said it would be the title of the game.

I'm thinking maybe that space game rumor has some truth to it. Uncharted as in Uncharted Space. I get the feeling they trolled us.

9087 said:
Drake dies in Uncharted 4.

Calling it now.

End of the IP.... Naughty Dog then moves on to something else.

Uncharted 4 gets 10's all across the board.

Uncharted has no storyline linear story in the timeline. It could essentially go until the treasure trips are tired out.

Sounds like a Count of Monte Cristo theme. Maybe it's going to combine a bunch of history into a giant puzzle. And then everyone will go to the moon to solve it.

JoeTheBro said:
Aldro said:
JoeTheBro said:

Yeah. Needed to make sure people like you knew Bend wasn't doing it ;)

XD true...

But... I dunno. Having a game that goes back and forth between Nate and New Char would be odd. I don't see that happening to be honest. Either its Nate or its a whole new cast.

I trust ND completely with whatever choice but obviously I am hoping for Nate & Co to be there. Why hasnt Nolan said anything yet?

And Nolan once said he saw an insanely good looking game on the PS4 but he cant mention what it was called (or he didnt remember) :P

IGN analysis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AiSo2wtULg