By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4 decoded: New Pics page 15!!!

I'd only be excited for this game if it's set in the 1700's with a completely different cast, at the moment my response to the announcement is a snort of derision awaiting further details.

Around the Network
Nem said:
I wonder if you will play as Francis Drake on this one. xD

Well Francis was more 1500s and everything on the map is 1700s so probably not.

No one has any contributions to share? You didn't examine and google the map? Disappointed

if it is really set in the 1700's then i wonder what they will do gameplay wise. Because unless they magically transport automatic weapons into this time, a cover based shooter would become really tedious with muzzle loaders.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

JoeTheBro said:
Nem said:

No one has any contributions to share? You didn't examine and google the map? Disappointed

I have a feeling its going to be an origins story for Uncharted, which will probably involve Francis Drake. Could be wrong though.

Also, anyone remember this footage/image taken by IGN in May -

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/08/is-this-naughty-dogs-playstation-4-game

hinch said:
JoeTheBro said:
Nem said:

I have a feeling its going to be an origins story for Uncharted, which will probably involve Francis Drake. Could be wrong though.

Also, anyone remember this footage/image taken by IGN in May -

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/08/is-this-naughty-dogs-playstation-4-game

No way would Naughty Dog throw Nate, Elena, Sully, and Chloe out. However those models are very strong evidence that there are at least scenes during 1700s. Could we be looking at some serious magic/mythical voodoo this time?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
nnodley said:
Excited as hell right now. Find it funny all the people on gaf that are labeling this as a bad game already. Well tough shit people, I'm HYPED!!!

The Sony haters are very vocal on gaf.

Those exist/can be spotted with ease?!?!

:P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Andrespetmonkey said:
Aldro said:
But it wont have Nate and company so labeling it as UC4 is a bit hm.
Its more like UC0 or UC Origins xD

Since Francis isnt even Nates relative, I dont see them doing any flashbacks nor do I see the point of having a Francis game other than the fact that they want to try something new and not include the old cast.

It gives them more freedom too by having and maknig new charaters and I completely trust them with that. Its still a tad sad to feel that it probably wont have the old cast.

Well you know Nolan North will be in it at least :)

HUH? It was confirmed?

Porcupine_I said:
if it is really set in the 1700's then i wonder what they will do gameplay wise. Because unless they magically transport automatic weapons into this time, a cover based shooter would become really tedious with muzzle loaders.

Maybe they won't use guns on this game!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

JoeTheBro said:

No way would Naughty Dog throw Nate, Elena, Sully, and Chloe out. However those models are very strong evidence that there are at least scenes during 1700s. Could we be looking at some serious magic/mythical voodoo this time?

Well the teaser only had Uncharted in the title and didn't include the number. so chances are... this UC won't have anything to do with the main cannon story including Nathan Drake & co. And tbh that would be pretty smart because it allows newcomers to get into the series, and also appeases the UC fans. And yeah, 1700 looks like the setting for this one. As for magic/voodoo, I hope so!

Also would be great to see an Uncharted game without so much of the shooting and focus more exploration and discovery. Like what ND origionally planned for the game. Seriously can't wait to see/hear more about it

hinch said:
JoeTheBro said:

Well the teaser only had Uncharted in the title and didn't include the number. so chances are... this UC won't have anything to do with the main cannon story including Nathan Drake & co. And tbh that would be pretty smart because it allows newcomers to get into the series, and also appeases the UC fans. And yeah, 1700 looks like the setting for this one. As for magic/voodoo, I hope so!

Also would be great to see an Uncharted game without so much of the shooting and focus more exploration and discovery. Like what ND origionally planned for the game. Seriously can't wait to see/hear more about it

Yeah that would be cool. The 1700's have just enough guns to make it uncharted, but not enough to have you plow down wave after wave.

However if we play as the guy talking in the trailer, I doubt he'd be interested in exploring and discovery ;)