By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4 decoded: New Pics page 15!!!

Maybe it will feature sequences between the 1700's and the present day, although that could over complicate things. I just really hope that we see Nathan Drake in the new Southern African setting of the new Uncharted.

Around the Network

Although we all know that Nathan Drake built his life around an obsession, he wanted to be a modern successor to Francis Drake so he changed his name and went on a quest to follow his expeditions. But who can blame him for his troubled past as an orphan.

Augluae said:
I'm disappointed that their continue on the Uncharted IP.

Naughty Dog were famous for growing up and developing new IP for each new platform

PS: Crash Bandicoot
PS2: Jak&Daxter
PS3: Uncharted & Last of Us
PS4: ?

And because all the new game released on PS4, with it's now limited user base, will be developed with small team and little budget/time (because you can't sell too many exclusive on a platform that just launched), I fear this will just be a graphically updated copy of Uncharted 3.

Uncharted is their only franchise that actually grew bigger with each installment

Um..

In the forest france level of UC3 (Chataeu) =>

Sully: Like that time you got us lost in Peru.
Drake: Oh really, you want to bring up Peru?
Sully: Hah, you're still not holding that over me.
Drake: I was fifteen, Sully. Shoulda' known when I met ya that I'd be in prison within a year.
Sully: You were heading that way on your own if you recall. I got you out, didn't I? I always get you out!

And UC4 teaser:

"I lost fifteen years. Buried alive. Erased. You left me, rotting in that hell hole and never looked back."

So if Drake was indeed in jail at the age of fifteen, add fifteen to that and our villain of UC4 got out around the events of UC1.

"When all your lies collapse around you, I'll be there."

He's possibly waiting/planning something over the last six years which would be around 2 years after UC3. Especially now that Drake has settled, the time could be *right*?

I want UC4 so much. But the way it was announced makes me think it's going to be a 2015 game.

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:
I want UC4 so much. But the way it was announced makes me think it's going to be a 2015 game.

I hope so. UC3 felt very rushed. Besides, they already released a game in 2013

Kane1389 said:
zumnupy10 said:

The team who did it wasn't as talented as the one responsible UC1,UC2 and TLoU.

zumnupy10 said:
Kane1389 said:
zumnupy10 said:

True, but UC3 being in development for less than a year while TLoU was 3.5 years might have some importantance

zumnupy10 said:
Kane1389 said:
zumnupy10 said:

You generalize an awfully lot. Amy Hennig wrote UC2 and Jacob Minkoff was lead combat designer for both UC3 and TLOU. There's plenty who worked on both.

And seriously, UC1 over UC3? It took the UC2 team, UC1 to reach the heights of UC2.

Imagine what the UC3 ''team'' will do with UC4 and their next IP. Justin Richmonds (Game Director) first UC game was UC3.

I'd love the game to be in 2014, butI just don't know man. I feel like the order will be their big holiday title. Being a tps both games could compete with eachother if they released too soon.