By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 version of DMC4 destroyed the PS3 in NA!!!!

Too bad the DMC4 series sold better on the PS3 its launch week when you combine all of the regions. And that is on a smaller install base. It didn't even beat the sales by 2:1 (which is normal), so I don't see how you can say it destroyed it in sales.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

i dont understand how people on this thread are trying to say PS3 ver sold so much better. lets take an extreme case that say HALO 4 (3 previous installments on 360 just like DMC) was released multi plat and PS3 ver outsold it? everyone would be in hysterics,

with USA 360 DMC will win WW watch it happen, and laugh at how PS3 just lost a major franchise to 360 (in sales terms)

DMC is not this incredible bastion of sony gaming that you seem to think. Comparing losing DMC to losing Halo is foolish, it's more like if Viva Pinata went Multiplatform. it's a game that was on sony platforms, but by no means did it define it like Halo defines Xbox.

Townzy_89 said:
I saw this coming http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17202#end

and to all those idiots saying its way more succesful on PS3 because of WW sales well no shit, the fact that this is even competing with PS3 version is astonishing because it should trounce 360 version as it is the only installment on the 360 with 3 previous games and fanbase playstation owners.

If anything this shows developers that it is very profitable to turn PS games multiplatform - KONAMI might be taking interest in these sales. and if 360 version ends up selling more WW then just WOW

I'd be willing to bet that more people that had a PS2 last-gen, have a 360 than a PS3 this gen.

Don't give me that crap about it has been with playstation it's whole life, the fanbase has changed immensly since PS2.

Townzy_89 said:
i dont understand how people on this thread are trying to say PS3 ver sold so much better. lets take an extreme case that say HALO 4 (3 previous installments on 360 just like DMC) was released multi plat and PS3 ver outsold it? everyone would be in hysterics,

with USA 360 DMC will win WW watch it happen, and laugh at how PS3 just lost a major franchise to 360 (in sales terms)

WOW dude, you really are dense.

Firstly - DMC is not a major franchise and doesn't sell systems. Not that much of a loss

Secondly - 360 selling more was everyone's prediction. The PS3 is selling better than anyone thought it would.

Thirdly - If you haven't already figured it out the whole "Playstation franchise" argument is BS. The general public don't give a crap about that, they will buy it for whatever console they have regardless of where the previous games were. History on several franchises proves that.

Forthly - The PS3 losing exclusives has everything to do with development costs. This was always going to happen and short of money hatting every game nothing would have stopped it from happening. That is the reason Sony have stepped up their 1st party efforts and the sole reason why they will continue to do so. If you haven't already figured it out, short of MS money hatting Microsoft are losing exclusives as well and it all comes back to the 15-20mil development cost. 3rd parties simply cannot afford to take these losses like MS and Sony can and survive and therefore have to take measures.

Sony will only money hat the big franchises that can help them such as MGS, FF etc... short of that Sony won't do and Microsoft are the same. We are heading into a multi platform future, HD costs simply demand it, and nothing Sony or Microsoft do can change it. It's just the way it is.

And if the PS3 had the larger userbase, Halo 4 would sell more on the PS3. Consumers don't have such loyalies with franchises dude. They buy the game for the console they have and with the price of gaming and the cost of maintaining systems multi console owners will become less and less. It's simply too expensive.

Around the Network

^ what you said times like 50 million. i think everyone should get over themselves and really take what you said into consideration.

Who cares about the Japanese market. The NA and European/ Others markets matter the most. The Japanese have a weird taste for games. The Japanese continue to dismiss the XBox 360 as imported ****, their sales figures support this fact. I guess Westerners and the Japanese have very different tastes for games. Well done Sony and Nintendo continues to sell well worldwide. The XBox 360 is the main console in The USA but the Wii is catching up fast.

DMC4 PS3 version will outsell 360 version, becuase of EU/JP.
But yeah, still a big suprise.

NA
XBOX360 - 10.87m (73.75%)
PS3 - 3.87m (26.25%)

DMC4 NA Sales
XBOX360 - 265,693 (61.18%)
PS3 - 168,567 (38.82%)

XOBX360 - 2.44% of total user base bought dmc4
PS3 - 4.35% of total user base bought dmc4

PS3 did better than XBOX360.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Who cares about the Japanese market. The NA and European/ Others markets matter the most. The Japanese have a weird taste for games. The Japanese continue to dismiss the XBox 360 as imported ****, their sales figures support this fact. I guess Westerners and the Japanese have very different tastes for games. Well done Sony and Nintendo continues to sell well worldwide. The XBox 360 is the main console in The USA but the Wii is catching up fast.

We've got a winner /sarcasm.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.