By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Please God, Yes! Possibility of PS2 BC Returning to Gutted PS3s ...

^ Is that 'cause it used quadrangles instead of triangles, or is it something else?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Thats the only way I would even consider a PS3

I know on the Xbox 360 Microsoft could write single codes for large groups of titles that would make a number of games work. They kept doing this for every large group of titles, and only wrote specific BC codes for high-selling Xbox titles that didn't fit into one of these groups. They have now stopped/slowed increasing BC because all the large pools of titles have been coded, and its not really worth doing them one by one.

Surely Sony could do something similar and get thousands of games going BC.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

mmnin said:
Thats the only way I would even consider a PS3

Until they actually add it, then you would have to find another main reason not to consider ever buying one.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

xstonexcold316x said:
FishyJoe said:
Maybe I'm to much of a skeptic, but it seems possible he could be talking about sales of PS2 games via PSN and not real BC as we know it to be, that is taking PS2 game discs and using them.

thats what i was thinking when i first read it, but doesnt that mean that we'll have to pay for the games again to play them on our PS3s?

Well isn't that what Sony is doing with the current PS1 titles being offered on PSN? Even if you already had the game, you would have to pay to dl onto your PS3. If they did it that way, it would just mean more money for Sony (out of the consumers pockets, of course).

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

Thank god i got the 60gb SOO happy i did

I not too happy with the Euro 60GB PS3's backwards compatibility. While many games work, not all, and some have major glitches, like KH 2 where one boss is undefeatable and it freezes in one moment in Jak and Daxter

If they jsut confirmed they'll release a software update to make PS2s work then I'd buy a 40GB in an instant in stead of hunting for a 60GB.

@Munkeh
Kingdom Hearts 2 does work on 60GB? Oh...that could be an issue. *reconsiders options*

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
If they jsut confirmed they'll release a software update to make PS2s work then I'd buy a 40GB in an instant in stead of hunting for a 60GB.

@Munkeh
Kingdom Hearts 2 does work on 60GB? Oh...that could be an issue. *reconsiders options*

He was talking about the European 60GB PS3, which only has software PS2 emulation, like the 80GB PS3 in the US. The 60/20GB ver. in the US had Full hardware BC, so all games work fine on these two.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
The Fury said:

@Munkeh

He was talking about the European 60GB PS3, which only has software PS2 emulation, like the 80GB PS3 in the US. The 60/20GB ver. in the US had Full hardware BC, so all games work fine on these two.

Yeah but I'm in the UK. :)

Hmm, pie.