By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where do you see the Advance Wars series going?

blaydcor said:
I think we're going to see it return to the old art style. I think Days of Ruin was an experiment, rather than a progression.

DoR is getting a good response so...I think they might squeeze on more game out of this reinvention like they did with Battalion Wars.

Of course they could do the unexpected and go with another new style.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

To the Wii.

Or atleast i wish it would. Batallion wars is great... but I want some non handheld SRPG love not involving swords.

Kasz216 said:
To the Wii.

Or atleast i wish it would. Batallion wars is great... but I want some non handheld SRPG love not involving swords.

I was thinking the same thing about coming to the Wii but I was hoping for a RTS using the Wii-remote like a mouse. But RTS games are too new for the Japanese audience. It will take a while to establish the genre. Therefore a SRPG would be more in line with Intelligent Systems train of thought. Yet I doubt that they would drop Battallion Wars. I see it as a new franchise and the Days or Ruin look could become part of Battalion wars.

As for what will happen with Advance Wars on handhelds. I think Intelligent Systems will continue to experiment with the Advance Wars formula to keep it from becoming stale. They may introduce mechs as vehicles or new classes for soldiers like spy, medic,  or some other advanced soldier like the ghost soldiers in starcraft. theres a lot that Intelligent Systems can do with Advance Wars. Well have to wait and see what they do.

Note: I wonder if Nintendo will ever make a RTS game like Napoleon, a gba game, for the the DS or the Wii?

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba