By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Xbox One Commercial Out Now!

Will it be all TV or all Games?

TV TV TV SPORTS SPORTS 33 37.93%

Games Games and more Games 12 13.79%

UI with some Kinect 5 5.75%

Mixed 35 40.23%

Total:85
jlmurph2 said:
Scisca said:
jlmurph2 said:
Scisca said:
iceboy151 said:
Just saw the commercial. Brian Urlacher and Ray Lewis playing Madden while Skyping,

These guys actually are somebody? Not just actors?

They're retired soon to be Hall of Fame NFL linebackers. Which is why they're talking about "missing the game"

Ah, ok. Linebacker is an important position? When I hear something about American Football, I hear people talking about quarterbacks, but this is the only other position I've heard of. No, there's also a kicker, right?

Yes, a Linebacker is the defensive "quarterback". Runs the plays and is the defensive leader.

I was going to say the same thing (defensive QB) but I didn't want to cause confusion. Reading your post though, I don't know why I was thinking that as it provides more clarity if anything, LOL.

As far as Poles go, the first that comes to my mind is the boxer Tomasz Adamek. Dude is pretty beastly, always represents himself real well in the ring.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
toadslayer72 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Scisca said:

Ah, ok. Linebacker is an important position? When I hear something about American Football, I hear people talking about quarterbacks, but this is the only other position I've heard of. No, there's also a kicker, right?

Yes, a Linebacker is the defensive "quarterback". Runs the plays and is the defensive leader.

I was going to say the same thing (defensive QB) but I didn't want to cause confusion. Reading your post though, I don't know why I was thinking that as it provides more clarity if anything, LOL.

As far as Poles go, the first that comes to my mind is the boxer Tomasz Adamek. Dude is pretty beastly, always represents himself real well in the ring.

Thanks guys. Defensive quarterback. I know that on a team you have basically two squads - one for offence and one for defence (and thus I know more about your sport than 99% of Europeans ), so these two guys lead these two squads, right?

Adamek is a good guy, but he's too small and too light to fight in heavyweight. He somehow manages to win with everyone except for the Klitschko brothers, but still should stick to the lighter cathegory. But the guy's got heart.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Adamek 49-2, both losses to legit fighters, Klitschko and Chad Dawson(was legit at the time). But I couldn't agree more, too small for heavyweight. I still really like him though, always shows up to fight.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic OP, I'm done now.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

New long (2 minutes) NFL on Xbox One video up on Xbox.Com and YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8odV8aZZew

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

toadslayer72 said:
Adamek 49-2, both losses to legit fighters, Klitschko and Chad Dawson(was legit at the time). But I couldn't agree more, too small for heavyweight. I still really like him though, always shows up to fight.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic OP, I'm done now.

Eh its cool lol