By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Factor five wii game is.....casual....as casual as possible.

I don't mind "casual" by many definitions of it. I love tetrisphere, blast corps, pilot wings, the sims ect, those could be deemed "casual", even though they are very deep and rewarding gaming experiences. And if it was something like that, then great, I'm ecstatic. But when most developers say "casual games" for the wii, they almost always mean shallow party games/minigame compilation. Ninja reflex, carnival games, EA playground, so on and so forth. That is what I'm concerned about. Getting a very gorgeous "carnival games".

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

well i like casual games so this doesn't turn me off. i just want good games. i'll still be keeping an eye out for this title.

I have to agree that this sounds EXACTLY like how you would describe a new PilotWings. I can only hope that's right.

If it was a new pilotwings, I would crap myself with joy. I played Pilotwings 64 to death, got every perfect score, even on the bonus modes, and then played birdmode for hours and hours and hours. Loved that game.

But if it's "X-wing partyz!!" then I will be pissed.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

A bit off-topic but I don't get this quote from F5:

"It's not just what a lot of people were expecting. 'Oh, we're going to cash in on what we had from Rebel Strike.' Which we actually also did. That was a fun experience just to bring that game over and play it on Wii. Nevertheless, we said, well, weighing the pros and cons, why don't we do something completely new based on all the experience we had back then? So, that's almost done."

Does it mean that they are also porting Rebel Strike to Wii? Probably I just read it wrong...

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

Around the Network

The guys at IGN on the podcast, said they just got Rebel strike working on wii as a side project while working on the development for this game, they didn't say anything about selling it.

The Rogue Squadren series would translate over to the Wii very well.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I seriously doubt Factor 5 will give us a glorified Carnival Games. Casual does not equal minigame compilation. It's probably a real game (not made of minigames) and will be one everybody can play. Just like SMG.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

I think Factor 5 has a different opinion on casual than we do. I think what they mean by casual, is heavy use of motion sensing controls.

Yeah, the hints suggest to me a game that has appeal to both casuals and hardcore, just like SMG, Zelda, Halo and Madden.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.