By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Hardware - Best Bang for Buck According to Futuremark

You can see their listings here: http://www.yougamers.com/hardware/stats/3dmark06/priceandperformance/?mainnavi=true

For lazies:

In summary if you're going for absolute best bang for buck it seems that an 8600 GT and an Athlon 64 X2 3600+ are your best bets based on their benchmarking.

I'm really really looking forward to the 9600 release, I've read a lot of great things about that card and I think you will see the PC gaming market blown wide open if it gets released at a reasonable price. There will be PCs that can play crysis on all high settings for around $500 and I am fairly sure that the 9600 will be the card of choice when Crytek unveils their $600 system the've been telling folks about.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Pretty sweet. I'm still thinking about what card to get...an 8800 GT seems like the best option to me, an 8600 might not be enough of an upgrade to me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

So far the best is the 8800 GT and maybe the 3870*2, the 8600 meh...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

This is for the budget minded gamer. You know the kind that optimizes performance and price.

8600GT might be cheap, but the card sucks balls, it can't even run Unreal Engine 3 properly.

Around the Network

lol @ 8600 at top. And who cares about 3D Mark? That doesn't reflect real world gaming performance. 8600 is crap for gaming. Spend a little more and you will be much happier with a 8800gt or 38X0 or something...

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Chrizum said:
8600GT might be cheap, but the card sucks balls, it can't even run Unreal Engine 3 properly.
 What are you talking about? It can run Crysis on medium +, it can very well run UE3. It depends on the 8600GT itself. 

@benkenobi88

Well, considering that the upcoming GeForce 9600 beats the 8800GT for the price of a 8600, I think you should wait.

totalwar23 said:
Chrizum said:
What are you talking about? It can run Crysis on medium +, it can very well run UE3. It depends on the 8600GT itself.

I have a 8800GTS 320MB and I can run Crysis on medium with 40fps. A 8600GT can NOT run Crysis on medium and survive. Playing on 8fps is not an option.

Chrizum said:
totalwar23 said:
Chrizum said:

I have a 8800GTS 320MB and I can run Crysis on medium with 40fps. A 8600GT can NOT run Crysis on medium and survive. Playing on 8fps is not an option.

I have a 256MB 8600GT and I can run Crysis on Medium with 30 FPS+. When it comes to performance of graphic cards, you should really speak from experience, not what you might think the card can do.

Also, I also have someone with the same card as mine running not only Crysis, but UE3 at 1280 * 1024 with most things max out at a smooth framerate. People underestimate the 8600GT.