By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HD remake question?

So I just got my Samurai Warriors 2 HD shipped, it'll arrive tomorrow :)

but a question hit me, Samurai Warriors 2 was already on Xbox 360, which I had thought was already an HD format, although they made it clear this is HD upscaled from the 360 and ps2 versions. likewise, a while ago, we got the Deadly Premonition Director's Cut on ps3, which had HD remastering from the Xbox 360 version. so my question, was Xbox 360 not an HD console at launch? or were some games not HD and some where?

I do already know that there are no native 1080p games on 360 (in otherwords they are upscaled from 720) but 720 is sitll an HD resolution, correct? or am I thinking to hard about this?

Around the Network
Pokeslob said:

So I just got my Samurai Warriors 2 HD shipped, it'll arrive tomorrow :)

but a question hit me, Samurai Warriors 2 was already on Xbox 360, which I had thought was already an HD format, although they made it clear this is HD upscaled from the 360 and ps2 versions. likewise, a while ago, we got the Deadly Premonition Director's Cut on ps3, which had HD remastering from the Xbox 360 version. so my question, was Xbox 360 not an HD console at launch? or were some games not HD and some where?

I do already know that there are no native 1080p games on 360 (in otherwords they are upscaled from 720) but 720 is sitll an HD resolution, correct? or am I thinking to hard about this?

Thinking too hard...

But, now I am too.

Lot's of last gen ports the 1st 18 months of the 360 lifecycle. 

I haven't been impressed much by many of the "HD" versions of the games.

It is near the end of the end....

If you look at the 360 releases at launch, and compare them with what is being pushed on the thing 7 years later, I think it's perfectly valid that a game is a big improvement. Though yeah the "HD" label, I think it's more for marketing to show it's been changed/improved over the original version of the game.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.