By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Brothers Melee made more difficult in later versions?

There seem to be several versions of Smash Brothers Melee released, apparently four in all in the West. While virtually the same game (with exception of Daisy's third eye being removed from her trophy in the later three versions) the difficulty seems to have increased with the last version (one with the starburst "Best Seller" in the middle of the bottom. After clawing my way through my copy of the game, playing a friends second version copy seemed like a breeze. Does anyone else know of this or am I just imagining things?

Around the Network

Maybe your skills just improved from playing the first version so much? =P

Seriously though, if major diferences existed, then loads of people on the internet would definitely know about them. If none of the biggest sites don't mention anything, then you're probably just imagining things.

There is a difference between the US and PAL versions I'm pretty sure.

I believe they changed the way Bowser's fire breath worked from ver 1.0 to 1.1, and they actually nerfed it, which is ironic considering that Bowser is the LAST character that needed nerfing.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

they couldn't have possibly changed it

Around the Network

probably just imagining things. out of all the smash nerds you see on the internet, one of them most likely would have noticed something like this by now.

Daisy had a 3rd eye???? Hahahahaha.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
There seem to be several versions of Smash Brothers Melee released, apparently four in all in the West. While virtually the same game (with exception of Daisy's third eye being removed from her trophy in the later three versions) the difficulty seems to have increased with the last version (one with the starburst "Best Seller" in the middle of the bottom. After clawing my way through my copy of the game, playing a friends second version copy seemed like a breeze. Does anyone else know of this or am I just imagining things?

You're just noticing the difference between how much you sucked when you were playing your copy versus how much you suck now when playing your friend's copy.

the dev. couldn't have rewrote the code because then it would have to be retested, republished, etc....so that would be too much of a hassle. Anyways, y would Ninty want to do that anyway?

Personally, I don't know but I am leaning towards to wiiforever's coment ^^ I don't think that they would want to rewrite the whole code but maybe the code where the glitches if you will. I personally have the one w. the "best seller" cover...

It is a good point though and thanks for pointing it out!!