By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BEST PS3 exclusive preliminary-God of War

God of War finalist?

God of War 3 113 94.17%

God of War: Ascension 7 5.83%

Total:120

So I wanted to make a thread with a poll for best PS3 exclusive since its time at the forefront is almost over.  However I found there were too many choices.  So I decided on some preliminary rounds in which the fans could narrow their favorite franchises down to one candidate to enter the finals.

This one I've gotta go with GoW3.  I mean every boss was just EPIC.  It truly showed PS3's power and showed SSM's prowess.  It was everything I could ever have asked for and I was asking for A LOT after GoW2's ending.

EDIT: The preliminary rounds will close at 4pm EST tomorrow.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Yes, i found GOW 3 better than Ascension cause of the epic boss battles and great cinematics even though i thought ascension's combat was better and had a unique and very fun multiplayer.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I cant vote on this because I didnt play Ascension yet

That's an easy one. Even though I enjoyed Ascension and found it pretty good with really great graphics, the story wasn't as strong as it was in GOW 3 and the changes in gameplay weren't that good. It also had less epic moments but that was to be expected.

I'm a bit late to the God of War franchise, I admit. I played the collection a bit just before the release of GOW3, and couldn't get into it. GOW3 was absolutely phenomenal, however. While that is my vote for the best, I have since went back and completed the first two original games. GOW2 comes VERY close. Such a great game...

Asension was a huge disappointment in my opinion.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

GOW3 for me. Ascension looks and plays better, but 3 was a lot more memorable.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

GoW 3, Ascension was good but lacked that "EPICNESS" that God of War has established in the franchise.

I took Gow: Ascension because I know everybody takes Number 3 :D

the singleplayer in GOW3 is unmatched but the Multiplayer is so good in Ascension!

Very close for me, overall GoW 3 was better even if only because of killing the most famous Gods of mount Olympus. But I vouted for Ascension cause I'm hipster

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

just make the competition in to one big thread instead of individual. Less clutter that way. And GoWII is better than Ascension imo, though im not much of a fan of GoW in general myself.