By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the one thing that really bums me out about the ps3

One thing to keep in mind on game costs is that they ARE starting to drop dramatically...I'm STARTING to see many ps3 & 360 games for $20-$30 (and not all of them are crap games like Enchanted Arms). Yes the games are expensive at retail; however, they are starting to get some lower priced budget titles.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network
madskillz said:
tastyshovelware said:

It's that sony went from truely caring about all gamers, and having something for everyone, to very suddenly being very tech and hardcore driven.

Here's your problem right here - Sony has NEVER cared about gamers - they have never listened, especially in this generation. Case and point - the disk read error. Sony flat out denied it - and I had to turn to the Web to find answers. A blog said they'd repair it for free - just like the RROD drama. I called Sony and they said it would be $129 - but guess what? They *waived* the fee. They have made no attempt whatsoever to listen to gamers like MS does with Major Nelson's blog, or like Ninny did in Wash. St. with folks - letting families test out Wiis before rolling them out.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Yes

DragonLord said:
One thing to keep in mind on game costs is that they ARE starting to drop dramatically...I'm STARTING to see many ps3 & 360 games for $20-$30 (and not all of them are crap games like Enchanted Arms). Yes the games are expensive at retail; however, they are starting to get some lower priced budget titles.

Game cost's aren't even that bad -_-; It's kind of funny, I'd see Ninty fanboi's laughing at PS3 and 360 owner's for having to pay $60 instead of $50, yet they forgot that N64 games were $70 in select stores >_>;;; and that's back when inflation was lower -_-;;; And nowaday's you can rent games and the like.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
DragonLord said:

Game cost's aren't even that bad -_-; It's kind of funny, I'd see Ninty fanboi's laughing at PS3 and 360 owner's for having to pay $60 instead of $50, yet they forgot that N64 games were $70 in select stores >_>;;; and that's back when inflation was lower -_-;;; And nowaday's you can rent games and the like.

I agree...I don't think the difference between $50 and $60 is enough to sway most people much.  I'll gladly pay $60 for a game if it's a good game.  Hell, I'd pay a Grand to sit down for a week with a copy of FFXIII right now!

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

DragonLord said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
DragonLord said:

I agree...I don't think the difference between $50 and $60 is enough to sway most people much.  I'll gladly pay $60 for a game if it's a good game.  Hell, I'd pay a Grand to sit down for a week with a copy of FFXIII right now!

O.O wow! I'd naver pay that much just to play one game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
*~Onna76~* said:
"It's that sony went from truely caring about all gamers, and having something for everyone, to very suddenly being very tech and hardcore driven."

Plus I'd like to add "male hardcore driven". There are also female gamers, but Sony doesn't really seem to give a shit about that with the PS3, unless they think that every woman likes Singstar or Rockband then they really have another thing coming.

I totally agree, I regret buying my PS3 and have put it away in its box now for the time being, might be selling it until the console has a better library of games to my taste... IF..I ever will buy the PS3 again. The console is also IMO too much biased on home, blu ray, hardcore shooter / action games instead of making it a console for everyone and I don't think PS3 will ever lose this image. Just check the release list for the upcoming 2 months and you can count already 7 shooter games. That's just ridiculous!

When it comes to next gen I love my WII seriously the most and has the most games to offer for me, other then that I still love my PS2, but PS3... has totally lost it for me.

didnt you plan on importing disgaea?
and from the japan psn, i downloaded this weird game.
it acts like an anime tactics strategy game.
maybe that might tickle your fancy?

To update you, I no longer buy Japanese import, only US or European from now on. So to answer your question, I'm not planning to import Disgaea 3, unless its the US version And... that can take a while. 

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Sony cares about hardware and money not people. Bill gates cares about people, Microsft cares about money, software, and keeping there monopoly.
They both figure people vote with there dollar.

The Ps3 will have a good game library that will make anyone who owns one very happy. But as for which library is better Well You'll have to wait a little longer. In the last 2 generations Sony was still trieng to prove something, even after the success of ps one. They were initially way to confident about this generation. Microsoft and Nintendo both did everything they could to come out on top and still are pushing things hard. Sony is pushing things hard now too but they didn't start out that way.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

it better not be something about the no backward compatibility...oh good its not. Just cause its not:

8/10

akuma587 said:
makingmusic476 said:
tastyshovelware said:
@makingmusic476

True on the j/d point. It isn't the most unique title. I just kinda threw it in cause it was rated E (yet not too kiddy) and a true platformer (no guns). As for Nobi Nobi, I'll have to look that one up.

I guess I will actually counter my point just a little. While spore looks to be a huge budget title (it's been in the works for forever), it looks to offer something a bit different.

Actually, Spore is not coming to the ps3. It's a PC game with downgraded versions hitting the DS, mobile phones, etc.

They said it will probably hit some consoles, my guess would be PS3/360 depending on how intense the specs are on the computer. Could be Wii, but I would bet PS3/360.

IT was announced forpc,ds,wii,and mac.

akuma587 said:
makingmusic476 said:
tastyshovelware said:
@makingmusic476

True on the j/d point. It isn't the most unique title. I just kinda threw it in cause it was rated E (yet not too kiddy) and a true platformer (no guns). As for Nobi Nobi, I'll have to look that one up.

I guess I will actually counter my point just a little. While spore looks to be a huge budget title (it's been in the works for forever), it looks to offer something a bit different.

Actually, Spore is not coming to the ps3. It's a PC game with downgraded versions hitting the DS, mobile phones, etc.

They said it will probably hit some consoles, my guess would be PS3/360 depending on how intense the specs are on the computer. Could be Wii, but I would bet PS3/360.

Sorry double post.