By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
Einsam_Delphin said:
Conegamer said:

Yeah, I plan on alternating them for a few months or until people stop attending, really. I thought a big tourney might attract more players though!

What would be different about from the usual tournys?

Probably just bigger in general, and with more weighting really. So, say we get 16 people to play. People will be split into 4 groups of 4, and we play, then some people move groups and play again with different people, do this say 4 times (so 4 cups) and whomever has the fewest points will be eliminated, and the top say 12 go through. Then we split that into two groups of 6, and do the same again, leaving 8 people to play in the final!

My big issue is that not everyone gets a fair representation right now by being placed in a group with excellent users, or having a bad race cost them. This hopefully weeds that out, so we should get an out and out best racer! We have had 5 different winners, after all!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Damn, I blink and this thread moves 4 pages .

Pokedex is almost complete on Y, only need 70 more pokes (trade evos and some starters that I'll need to scour GTS to get them). How is everyone doing on that aspect, for those that still play the games?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

spurgeonryan said:
totd

golden week

any 3DS games coming out goldebweek?

Why not just check COMG ? Mario Party is coming out, though.

lestatdark said:

Pokedex is almost complete on Y, only need 70 more pokes (trade evos and some starters that I'll need to scour GTS to get them). How is everyone doing on that aspect, for those that still play the games?

*Looks down at sig*

I have a long way to go, team building is addictive yo.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Conegamer said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Conegamer said:

Yeah, I plan on alternating them for a few months or until people stop attending, really. I thought a big tourney might attract more players though!

What would be different about from the usual tournys?

Probably just bigger in general, and with more weighting really. So, say we get 16 people to play. People will be split into 4 groups of 4, and we play, then some people move groups and play again with different people, do this say 4 times (so 4 cups) and whomever has the fewest points will be eliminated, and the top say 12 go through. Then we split that into two groups of 6, and do the same again, leaving 8 people to play in the final!

My big issue is that not everyone gets a fair representation right now by being placed in a group with excellent users, or having a bad race cost them. This hopefully weeds that out, so we should get an out and out best racer! We have had 5 different winners, after all!

Obviously the guy who wins like 90% of these tournaments is the best racer!

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

Yeah we just had a big MK7 session!

Haven't played much at lately tbh, but I think I've seen around 500, forgot how many I caught.

This weeks European e-shop downloads

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/03/nintendo_download_20th_march_europe

Just read in-depth the review for Yoshi's New Island. Eh, it doesn't look good I'm afraid. Seems like the game would have been better had they just remade it, so maybe that's what they should have gone with.

Conegamer said:
Just read in-depth the review for Yoshi's New Island. Eh, it doesn't look good I'm afraid. Seems like the game would have been better had they just remade it, so maybe that's what they should have gone with.

From what I've seen it basically is a remake only with different levels and slight gameplay tweaks.

Why does the thread title say that Layton vs Wright is a "hit"?
Any new reviews?