By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
ktay95 said:

Also Bikes =P I hate not having my inside drifting bikes, which Ive heard may not return in MK8 =(

There are bikes on Mario Kart 8. Heck, Peach is riding one on the cover!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
ktay95 said:

Also Bikes =P I hate not having my inside drifting bikes, which Ive heard may not return in MK8 =(

I said inside drifting bikes. The guys at Gamexplain said they may not be returning which would suck. Theres a huge difference between inside and outside drifting. Inside drifting is completely removed from MK7, then again bikes in general were removed.

JEMC said:
ktay95 said:

There are bikes, but no inward drifting ones, which is good, because they were OP. In Mario Kart Wii you had no chance of winning unless you were using one. They also removed wheelies except as a boost animation, so now Bikes are perfectly balanced!

Einsam_Delphin said:
JEMC said:
ktay95 said:

There are bikes, but no inward drifting ones, which is good, because they were OP. In Mario Kart Wii you had no chance of winning unless you were using one. They also removed wheelies except as a boost animation, so now Bikes are perfectly balanced!

Removing wheelies is fine by me but they dont need to remove inward drift, just do what any good dev should and balance the issue. Make inward drifting bikes slower or something to even the playing field. Also I hope MK8 has more than 2 viable Char/Kart combos, if you werent using Funky or Daisy you may aswell not have shown up to race.

ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
JEMC said:
ktay95 said:

Removing wheelies is fine by me but they dont need to remove inward drift, just do what any good dev should and balance the issue. Make inward drifting bikes slower or something to even the playing field. Also I hope MK8 has more than 2 viable Char/Kart combos, if you werent using Funky or Daisy you may aswell not have shown up to race.

Thats also a problem in MK7, isnt it? I see most people using metal mario online so i guess he is the best character.

If they didnt balance it with Mk7 already then i dont think they will with Mk8.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
JEMC said:
ktay95 said:

Thats also a problem in MK7, isnt it? I see most people using metal mario online so i guess he is the best character.

Metal Mario isnt as bad as what Funky Kong was though. If you ever watched "pros" race online it would be 12 Funkey Kongs all on Bowser Bikes. The only exception being tracks that suit Daisy and her insane inward drift but even then its like 9 Funkeys and 3 Daisys. 

ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
JEMC said:
ktay95 said:

They did balance things by removing it all together! Of course if they were a truely good dev, they would have never implemented it in the first place!

Iirc, characters in MKWii didn't have unique stats, so using Funky Kong over say Donkey Kong yielded no benefits. I can't remember for sure though, but this is how it is in MK7, so the same should be true in MK8, meaning you can use whatever you want and always have a fair chance at winning!

RealGamingExpert said:
ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
JEMC said:
ktay95 said:

Nope, statwise he's no different from Luigi or regular Mario. As to why the majority use him, I can't say. It's not even that great of a power up! xP

Ok, ok. I got it wrong, sorry.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Einsam_Delphin said:
ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
JEMC said:
ktay95 said:

They did balance things by removing it all together! Of course if they were a truely good dev, they would have never implemented it in the first place!

Iirc, characters in MKWii didn't have unique stats, so using Funky Kong over say Donkey Kong yielded no benefits. I can't remember for sure though, but this is how it is in MK7, so the same should be true in MK8, meaning you can use whatever you want and always have a fair chance at winning!

you recall wrong