By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

Was avoiding IGN's article on it like a plague, but then I looked in to see Peer had featured a good comment.

This announcement takes me back more than a decade to when I myself covered Nintendo (and my favorite franchise, The Legend of Zelda). I was wondering, have any of the Zelda console titles ever shipped "on time?"

Here's a quick history (IGN only goes back to the N64 days, so I don't recall off-hand what happened with SNES and NES):

1997: Ocarina of Time Delayed to 1998: http://www.ign.com/articles/1997/08/29/griffey-zelda-delayed

1999: Zelda Gaiden (Majora's Mask) Scheduled for 1999 (it came out in 2000): http://www.ign.com/articles/1999/06/17/zelda-sequel-invades-spaceworld

2002: Wind Waker Delayed to 2003: http://www.ign.com/articles/2002/05/21/e3-2002-zelda-officially-delayed

2005: Twilight Princess Delayed to 2006: http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/08/16/zelda-delayed-to-next-year

2010: Skyward Sword Delayed to 2011: http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/01/12/reggie-new-zelda-wii-title-has-to-be-perfect

The good news is that those games all turned out mighty fine. So Let's hope that the additional months in development will result in another memorable installment. And that Nintendo has something nice to show at E3.

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
Goodnightmoon said:

- Xenoblade is a 300 hour game on the biggest world ever made on a console. Serious contender for best game of the year!

Definitely will be delayed to 2016 in Europe.

1% chances, is out in Japan on 31 days.

Yeah Zelda is well known for delays. Would have been a minor miracle if there wasn't one TBH.

Anyway I'll put up the matches soon. Good luck to all.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Alright, I'm going to sleep, and when I wake up tomorrow (today?) I expect everyone to be in a better mood. No more crying; it's time to man (erm, or woman) up!

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Goodnightmoon said:
Boberkun said:
Goodnightmoon said:

- Xenoblade is a 300 hour game on the biggest world ever made on a console. Serious contender for best game of the year!

Without any reasons Kirby still haven't release in Europe. Why should they care about Xenoblade? They already fucked up.

Around the Network

Goodnightmoon said:
Boberkun said:

Without any reasons Kirby still haven't release in Europe. Why should they care about Xenoblade? They already fucked up.

Is going to be released here on May 8, that´s 3 months later, not a year, Kirby has very low sales on Europe. Xenoblade is coming 2015, I bet all you want :P

Skullwaker said:
Alright, I'm going to sleep, and when I wake up tomorrow (today?) I expect everyone to be in a better mood. No more crying; it's time to man (erm, or woman) up!

*Womans up*

Everyone will be fine. I'm fine but I was always fine. Just give it a couple days for everyone to calm.down and blow over. 

And hey we have Smash this weekend! What better way to so that. 

Oh by the way, I'll be putting up the Smash information in a sec so any last minute entries do let me know. Good luck!

Let's see how the formatting goes...

Competitors

User NNID
WhiteEaglePL WhiteEaglePL
Leadified LiquidBlue
TruckOSaurus TruckOSaurus
Ultrashroomz Ultrashroomz
b00moscone b00moscone
OfficerRaichu* TremedousPage1
Slarvax Slarvax
PixelPerfect Link1182
Cloudman dsuchiru
Veknoid_Outkast (Sunday) Veknoid_Outkast
Episteme episteme
Platina phantemos
Axumblade (Sunday) Axumblade
Captain_Yuri LaughingHamster
Wildcard36qs  

(Users denoted with an asterix are only temporary players and are not confirmed)

Matches

Yeah that didn't work. So I've put all the information in here for simplicity.

Good luck!

Guys, I think I'm getting older.

I come to the site not knowing about the Zelda delay, read some of the new thread titles about it and my reaction was... raising al eyebrow and a sarcastic smile. Maybe it's because inside me I already knew that this was going to happen (every Zelda game gets delayed, always), or because Nintendo has been handling their game launches like sh!t this gen and I got used or, just as I said, it's simply because I'm getting older.

Clyde32 said:
You guys are over-reacting way too much about this.

Completely agree. But hey, some of the meltdowns are funny to watch

WhiteEaglePL said:
Nintendo should invest in a bigger Zelda EAD, seeing as how these last 2 3D Zelda games are taking at least 5 years to make...

Let's see:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim_ launched in 2011

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion_ launched in 2006

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind_ launched in 2002

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall_ launched in 1996

The Elder Scrolls: Arena_ launched in 1994

Yep, Bethesda should invest and get bigger team because their TES games are taking too long to make, and unlike Nintendo they have no excuses because their games have always been free roaming/open world.

The problems with Nintendo and its delays have nothing to do with not having enough workers.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.