By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

I don't want to get my hopes up for the reveal because:
A.) It might not be localized, whatever it is
B.) It might not end up being big at all. Although if it's as big of a system seller as Mario, then it has to be big, right? Literally the only thing I can think of that would fall in that category for Japan is Dragon Quest (since FF and KH are already out of the question)

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
I don't want to get my hopes up for the reveal because:
A.) It might not be localized, whatever it is
B.) It might not end up being big at all. Although if it's as big of a system seller as Mario, then it has to be big, right? Literally the only thing I can think of that would fall in that category for Japan is Dragon Quest (since FF and KH are already out of the question)

My thoughts exactly... If it is DQ, there is a chance it will not be localized.

But I do really want another DQ game... DQIX was awesome!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:

I think the only reason DQX wasn't localized is because it was an MMO and didn't do super great numbers in Japan for that reason, so they didn't want to take a risk by localizing it and setting up the servers in the west if there was a low chance for success. 

If DQXI is a traditional RPG, I can definitely see that coming to the west. Especially since DQH (a musou styled DQ game) is coming over this year.

Maybe is the Yokai 3 official announcement.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Seem that the big reveal is Dragon Quest... :O
But as for now is a rumor.

Around the Network

I wouldn't expect anything big from Famitsu, they could announce something like a One Piss game or something.

But whatever, full hype mode, Bloodborne for WiiU, comes with Dark Souls I & II remastered due to its late release.

Also with a demo of Zeldaborne, or Zelda Souls, or Dark Zelda, pick your favorite, which will be announced at the Nintendo Direct sometime in the future.

Skullwaker said:
Platina said:

I think the only reason DQX wasn't localized is because it was an MMO and didn't do super great numbers in Japan for that reason, so they didn't want to take a risk by localizing it and setting up the servers in the west if there was a low chance for success. 

If DQXI is a traditional RPG, I can definitely see that coming to the west. Especially since DQH (a musou styled DQ game) is coming over this year.

Yeah. MMOs are usually a hit or miss in the West so it probably wouldn't do so well.... Plus it has a lot of text so localization takes a lot of money and resources.

Even DQIX didn't sell so well in the West compared to Japan so the chance that DQXI it wouldn't be localized is still quite high :(

| |

Platina said:
Yeah. MMOs are usually a hit or miss in the West so it probably wouldn't do so well.... Plus it has a lot of text so localization takes a lot of money and resources.

Even DQIX didn't sell so well in the West compared to Japan so the chance that DQXI it wouldn't be localized is still quite high :(

To be fair, most Japanese games don't sell all that well in the west compared to Japan. The only ones that I would say that do are Final Fantasy games, Nintendo games, the Souls series, Metal Gear, and a couple others. 

Even still, DQIX sold over 1m in the west so I don't think Squeenix would gloss over potential sales like that. We'll see though. I don't think they'd localize games like Bravely Default but not a mainline Dragon Quest, you know?

Skullwaker said:
Platina said:

To be fair, most Japanese games don't sell all that well in the west compared to Japan. The only ones that I would say that do are Final Fantasy games, Nintendo games, the Souls series, Metal Gear, and a couple others. 

Even still, DQIX sold over 1m in the west so I don't think Squeenix would gloss over potential sales like that. We'll see though. I don't think they'd localize games like Bravely Default but not a mainline Dragon Quest, you know?

Well hopefully, I'm proven wrong because I would really like to see another main DQ game!

| |

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/23/xenoblade-chronicles-x-will-let-you-slightly-customize-your-home-base/