By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Q2 FY2013 Earnings (PS3 2m / PSPVita 800k / ~$200m Loss)

thismeintiel said:
Seece said:
thismeintiel said:

I guess you were right, there would be bias in your esitmate. 

So you think the PS2 had only dropped 15% in its last year?  This is going to be the DS's last year, and its down 91% for Q1+Q2, compared to last year (2012's 980K vs 2013's 90K).  If we even go back two FYs, 2012 was down 54% compared to 2011 (2011's 5.1M vs 2012's 2.35M).  The Wii is in a similar situation.  It's down 65% for the same period compared to last FY (2012's 1.33M vs 2013's 460K).  For the previous fiscal years, 2012 was down 59% (2011's 9.84M vs 2012's 3.99M).  It seems quite amazing that the PS2 would only be able to drop a mere 15%.  I think my 27% drop seems a bit more rational. 

And, by your own estimate they have reached 80M, yet they haven't said a thing.  Hmm.  Also, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Sony ever made an official statement regarding September's NPD.  Hmm.  Sorry, but Sony (and Nintendo) works different than MS, they don't scream every achievement, whether large or small, from the hilltop. 

I think your bias may be showing.

No there is bias in yours, my estimates are more logical than yours, even so I'm not using them, I'm saying based on what we have all we should assume is that they hit their FY forecast and are at 80m (even though I don't believe they have)

Why don't you read my post again and counter everything I say?

PS2 only dropped 15% YoY because if Q4 3.4m shipment. I mean unless of course you think PS3 was like 3m of that? Wait a second don't, I don't wanna know if you actually believe that. If PS2 wasn't being discontinued that Q would have been much lower than PS2 sales would have been down significantly YOY.

Nothing I've said is bias, in fact everything in my post was factual. Yours?? All assumptions.

Your opinion: I think PS3 beat the FY forecast of 13m, and was down only 400k yoy (lord lol) depsite official trackers showing it down over 1.5m in that period. Despite Sony not hitting their previous 2FY forecasts by 500 - 700k, despite Sony not saying and confirming anything. PS3 shipped the bulk of that 3.4m in Q4, meaning it was it's bes Q4 by a massive margin!! despite sales being down this Q everywhere! Magic!

My opinion: PS2 was only down 15% because Sony shipped remaining stock in Q4 (3.4m) which explains the anomoly (Up YoY) Sony haven't said a thing, which is odd and leads me to believe it hasn't happened, PS3 was down everywhere, every Q which leads me to believe they did not ship 13.5m for the FY or anywhere near.

You say your estimates are full of facts, yet they ARE all assumptions, as well.  Where are the facts to back up that Sony just decided to ship a shit load of PS2s, making it barely drop from last year.  There are none, only your assumptions.  Listen, I realize you want to imagine the 360 is barely behind the PS3, now, and will use any "facts" you have to prove so, but I just don't think thats the case.  Neither, does VGC.  And your use of the poor excuse of "But Sony hasn't said anything" is almost as old as the systems themselves.  Many Xbox fans have used it to no avail, as Sony, like I said, barely ever say anything of numbers (except at major events).  But, you have fun continuing to use it.

Anyway, there's no point in continuing this convo. So, good day. 

I didn't say my estimates are full of facts, I said my post was. If my estimates were facts I would tell people to assume that. As it stands, like I said, the best we can do is assume Sony hit their 13m forecast straight on.

So that I know, you believe PS3 shipped like 3m/3.4m in Q4? Right. No point in continuing this convo, you clearly believe whatever you want to put PS3 ahead and ignore all logic and fact.

Gratz to Sony for having their best ever Q4 by a huge 800k, depsite being down worldwide. Very impressive.

PS3 will surpass 360 in the end by millions of units, don't make out I have some desperation for 360 to be "close" (god why, that's not even a victory). but until I see solid evidence of the fact, I'm gonna believe the opposite. Sony said 77m, I don't see why they wouldn't tout 80m and overtaking 360, whether you like it or not, when it happens Sony will be shouting it from the rooftops.

Like I said, you're getting by on best case scenario and ignoring logic, I don't know anyone else that would suggest PS3 was only down less than 5% in shipments despite being down in sales significantly more.