By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - 403 Forbidden Error

arrrggghhhhhhh stop hatin' Soriku and I
we should start an alliance - Soriku - what do u say?

Around the Network

Actually, someone, I think Ioi, said something about it getting overloaded if your profile gets too many views, either by you pressing F5 (if you do, not saying you do) or by too many people simply comming in, posting at it looking at stuff and so.

I guess you also open windows in a new picture, and if there are many (1500+) people on, you should restrict yourself to opening 2-3 windows.

All this will be fixed when we get the new server in a couple of weeks :)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Stop pressing F5 on your profile 1,000 a day. That's most likely what's getting you kicked off.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

wiiforever said:
skip said:
wiiforever said:
how do u change ur IP address?
google proxy server

huh what is that? can u give me a set of directions or can u lead me to a place? (u can pm me if u want)

he is saying to use a proxy server

1) go to proxy.org (or google the word proxy server)
2) enter address you want to visit into the proxy servers address bar.
3) browse normally

A proxy server will mask your IP address. This will allow you to visit this site again, until the IP ban is lifted or your IP address changes.

Another option is to use TOR, which is even more secure than using a proxy in terms of privacy, but is generally slower, but in my opinion slightly more convenient.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I have had this happen to me on occassion as well.
Basically, you just have to wait the overload out.
The worst was over New Year's Eve -- when it took a couple of days to regain access.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Uh oh. You got the FORBIDDEN ERROR! In two days, a man wearing a black coat, dark glasses, and holding a live chicken in his left hand*, is going to knock on your door. DO NOT ANSWER IT!

*if the chicken is in his right hand, it's cool. That's just Frank.

I think it also happens if you have more than one window open for vgchartz. After some experimentation I realized my ip was banned so i did a quick ip release and power cycled my modem and I was finally able to access the site again. Sticking to one window from now on :)

wiiforever said:
how do u change ur IP address?

Not sure what kind of connection you are using but I have a cable connection and I will elaborate a bit more in how I did it.

1. Got into command prompt

2. Typed ipconfig /release  (which got rid of the ip i was using)

3. Then reset my modem so my ISP gave me a new ip address because I released the old one

note my connection is setup to obtain ip address automatically from the ISP's DHCP server so if your is setup manually then you would have to manually change it but yeah my method was pretty quick and simple.

see i only every use one window for vg and i get it all the time

ok..........I will try the proxy server
btw: It's not my fault I have such a high number of profile views - I have a larger loyal fanbase on this site!