By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ditch the consoles and get a PC - If you like graphics?

Would you ditch your consoles for High end PC?

Yes 26 25.49%

No 50 49.02%

Already a graphics whore ... 26 25.49%

Total:102

I think that there are 2 ways to look at any purchase.
1. The cost at the start - Cheaper to start but more expensive extras
2. The cost over time - Expensive to start but cheaper extras

Consoles are the best for Option 1, as you pay $500 for a console and another $100 for accessories. Cheaper to buy the system. You pay for the difference over time, with online MP costs and every game costing $10-$20 more. You are limited to dated hardware that is not upgradeable. If you buy only 30 games($10 per game increase in cost) you hit the $900 number. If you are like most gamers, you are more than likely to get 60+ games and get to the $1,200 number
PC’s seem to fall into the 2nd category. You pay $900-$1,200 up front. There isn’t a charge for MP online and the games are $10-20 cheaper per game. It can be upgraded over time, but doesn’t need to be.

Either way, you kind of end up at the same price.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

You're right. Console gamers should be happy with 720P for 15 years. Get a PC if you EVER want 1080P games as a standard.

Already did in the last gen, going to do again this gen. I only get consoles for exclusives, otherwise, PC is always the best option(not only because of the graphics, but also because of gameplay, since PC supports many different types of controllers and monitor arrangements).

About the "consoles have no fuss" part, I'd agree, if we were at the 6th generation or talking about the Wii. Right now, I find it more convenient to use Steam on my PC than to turn on my 360 and wait a long time to download and install Live updates before being able to actually play the game. Software updates couldn't be more simple, since Steam does all the work, also, OS updates are also very easy, since you only need to press Next and Next till the end.

It is fun how they say 'if you care about resolutions get a pc' (what I agree about) but don't say that you should not have a console.... and half of the comments are 'nope consoles are better =p'...

platformmaster918 said:
Exclusives though....
Seriously over half my collection I couldn't get on PC

Eventually your entire collection will be on PC in time and look better than it did origionally.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
platformmaster918 said:
Exclusives though....

Eventually your entire collection will be on PC in time and look better than it did origionally.

legally?  Uncharted, Infamous, Killzone, LBP, Sly, Ratchet, Jak, Crash, Spyro, and such will all be on PC legally?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
Pemalite said:
platformmaster918 said:
Exclusives though....

legally?  Uncharted, Infamous, Killzone, LBP, Sly, Ratchet, Jak, Crash, Spyro, and such will all be on PC legally?

If you have the console and the game, then yes, legally. If you don't, well, you can pretend you do and it will also be legal(kind of).

platformmaster918 said:
Pemalite said:
platformmaster918 said:
Exclusives though....

Emulating is legal, provided you own the origional media.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
platformmaster918 said:
Pemalite said:
platformmaster918 said:
Exclusives though....

Link to PS3 emulator?

Oh wait.

By the time there's a working PS3 emulator that's feasible mobile chips will have gained substantial ground over standard chips, and seeing as premier mobile chips are placed in smartphones by then I'd be able to play the games there. 

Also I can emulate everything but PS2 games on my smartphone, so please stop parading around like emulation is a PC exclusive. Also, are we forgetting about Gakai steaming service and such forth?

All you pro-PC posts ignore a ton of console perks and PC flaws

Pemalite said:
platformmaster918 said:
Pemalite said:
platformmaster918 said:
Exclusives though....

That's a myth, unfortunately.