By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - WTF.......ps3 sales!!!!?????

Final-Fan said:
playnext3 said:
CrazzyMan said:
Actually 9.80 to 9.65, because 9.72 with 64k added. =)

whatever, VG is still making most closest estimates to real WW numbers. =]
of`course, there could be added around 150k, from some undertracked regions, but PS3 still FTW. =)

VG is still making most closest estimates to real WW numbers

the real WW numbers is 10.5million ........no

I know I'm late to the party here but I just want to say that when CrazzyMan tells you to settle down and accept the lowered PS3 numbers you settle down and accept them.

LOL,its realy hard for me to accept them

Around the Network

wow,+1500 view and 60 comment,i wasn't excepted that,im really proud of me lol

I too want an "ioi" official explanation.
Why don't bring it up the PS3 numbers when NPD data was released about the black friday and christmas season?

How is NPD related to this? don't they just track America?

I thought this adjustment was because of german numbers.

NPD trak numbers of america
famitsu,media create,.... from japan
so how track numbers of others

Around the Network

common : 2000 view haha

GfK* numbers show that the PS3 was overtracked in Germany, ioi adjusted them downward.... that is the main reason you noticed a change because that accounted for about 100k drop.

There are lots of oher adjustments made in various regions every week, they just go unnoticed because they are not so huge.
The 10.5 million number is Sonys shipment figure by the way, it does not tell us the exact sales but can help us to see if VGC numbers are in the right area (using the shipped figures and knowledge of retail supply) This shows that PS3 was in roughly normal Worldwide supply at the end of the year (considering Wii supply was about 600-700k) admitedly the PS3 supply in PAL was probably quite low due to better demand, but there were many people stating masses of PS3s in stores and not selling for the USA.... the opposite is probably true of the X360.

The numbers are fine, end of.

*GfK tracks most of Europe and I think Australia, but not the UK for some reason, Chart-track I am not sure about but they definatly do the UK (they may also do the rest of Europe but they don't seem to release figures)

yeh i see now,thanks dude
one more question are numbers from Africa add or not cuz im from N Algeria
i don't now about the others console but the ps2 here sell like crazy every year,same in others country of Africa

^Well that's why I believe PS2 may be undertracked by 2-3 million, because it is released pretty much everywhere now, and although I am sure all the African countries put together probably don't add up to much with the PS2 they may make a couple of million difference.

I am not sure about PS3 and 360 but Wii is not released (officially) in any of Africa yet, if you check the others table (the bottom one on the others > hardware by region tab) you can see 360 is selling the most, which is likely because it has been released in most areas by now, unlike Wii which isn't released hardly anywhere outside the main 3 regions and Australia.

yeh,a couple of million difference