By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - WTF.......ps3 sales!!!!?????

kamil said:

At the end of 2007 PS3 sales were overtacked by 115k and were lowered 103k for that point of time (30 Dec).

Details about Germany gfk data vs. vgchartz can be found here:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=16835

wait, so if the numbers were adjusted at the end of december, why are they being adjusted again?

I'm talkin about what numbers were/are for 30 Dec timestamp in vgchartz database (becouse the Gfk data is for that moment). But they were changed just now. They were not changed just for last week, they were changed for a bunch of last year' weeks and (probabaly) for all this year' weeks.

Around the Network

Maybe from all the people who are returning it once they brought it home and realized they couldn't play all there PS2 games on it.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

thibje said:
playnext3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
9.8 to 9.72? That's it?

Sheesh, numbers get adjusted like that ALL the time.

yeah i now,but i was hoping that the ps3 will passe 10million next week,now i should wait another week

f**k

ioi adjusted the 360 sales also for a couple of weeks before it hit 10million I understand that it is frustrating.

I remember that.. It took 2 months for the 360 to go from 9.8 million to 10 million

Every week the numbers would go up 1 step and then back 2 steps...

Very stressful time for us Xbots...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

{sigh}

no software.....so I'll just go to sleep now

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Ok so I know people want ioi to be perfect but ther eis only so much 1 man can do.

He has mentioned many times that sometimes some of his retailers give him information late as well as getting info from other sources.

Around 3rd quarter last year the Hardware data for US was shown to be as/more accurate than NPD so it is no longer used as a correcting factor automatically.

As for saying that this site picks on one console or is more accurate for a certain console is false. The aforementioned struggle with the 360 getting over ten million. And the US Wii numbers from 2 weeks ago were lowered after last weeks came in.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network

Maybe its been overtracked :o

playnext3 said:
CrazzyMan said:
Actually 9.80 to 9.65, because 9.72 with 64k added. =)

whatever, VG is still making most closest estimates to real WW numbers. =]
of`course, there could be added around 150k, from some undertracked regions, but PS3 still FTW. =)

VG is still making most closest estimates to real WW numbers

the real WW numbers is 10.5million ........no

I know I'm late to the party here but I just want to say that when CrazzyMan tells you to settle down and accept the lowered PS3 numbers you settle down and accept them.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

dschumm said:
Ok so I know people want ioi to be perfect but ther eis only so much 1 man can do.

He has mentioned many times that sometimes some of his retailers give him information late as well as getting info from other sources.

Around 3rd quarter last year the Hardware data for US was shown to be as/more accurate than NPD so it is no longer used as a correcting factor automatically.

As for saying that this site picks on one console or is more accurate for a certain console is false. The aforementioned struggle with the 360 getting over ten million. And the US Wii numbers from 2 weeks ago were lowered after last weeks came in.
 More correct... that individual time. 

The thing about statistical sampling is that nobody has a perfect system to to behavior being too complex for perfect purchasing decisions... so even with samples NPD can be more off then VGC at times.  Which was the case the last couple times i believe.  Though likely won't be something that happens that often.

However it does show that VGchartz is accurate enough that they don't need to adjust for NPD and can instead adjust soley on other data if need be. 

wiiforever said:
NJ5 said:

Evidently, some numbers got adjusted. All the consoles have been adjusted up or down at some point. What's the big deal?

he's new so he doesn't know about that yet

"new"? He's been here longer than you, dude  

Final-Fan said:
playnext3 said:
CrazzyMan said:
Actually 9.80 to 9.65, because 9.72 with 64k added. =)

whatever, VG is still making most closest estimates to real WW numbers. =]
of`course, there could be added around 150k, from some undertracked regions, but PS3 still FTW. =)

VG is still making most closest estimates to real WW numbers

the real WW numbers is 10.5million ........no

I know I'm late to the party here but I just want to say that when CrazzyMan tells you to settle down and accept the lowered PS3 numbers you settle down and accept them.

LOL. I dunno though, Crazzy is pretty loyal to the site. However if Diomedes said something like that... Well I have no idea what would happen, perhaps the thread would break.