By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Watchdogs/Driveclub delay will help Ps4 in the long run.

Wagram said:
I would like Driveclub and Watchdogs to be remembered as quality experiences, rather than those "meh" launch games. The PS3 launch titles were atrocious, and look where it is now. Arguably the best library for the prior generation. Launch games do not matter as much as people believe. It's about quality distribution over the products life. They do matter, but they don't matter that much as long as they flow well after the launch.

KZ looks pretty damn top notch to me.  I think I'll be playing a lot of MP on that and I almost never get into online MP.  If they could get something big in January there would be virtually no gaps till Summer with Infamous in Feb. and then Driveclub, Destiny, The Crew, Watch Dogs, and a bunch of other third party games coming before Summer (the Order is early 2014 as well I believe.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

How will the cancelled bundles affect sales? Watchdogs bundle was a popular one for ps4. Or are the bundles not cancelled and will be shipped when Watchdogs comes out? Can someone clear this up for me please?

alot of people pre ordered watch dogs through a hard bundle, and now all those bundles will replace, so am a little worried whether watch dogs can sell now

Otakumegane said:
Uhh didn't the WiiU drought effect happen because of titles being delayed in the 1st place?

Like Pikmin and Rayman Legends.

The difference, as I see it, is that those were titles that were supposed to prevent a drought by releasing after the launch but during the launch window.

DriveClub & Watch Dogs were launch titles that were delayed but may still end up being launch window games.

Wagram said:
I would like Driveclub and Watchdogs to be remembered as quality experiences, rather than those "meh" launch games. The PS3 launch titles were atrocious, and look where it is now. Arguably the best library for the prior generation. Launch games do not matter as much as people believe. It's about quality distribution over the products life. They do matter, but they don't matter that much as long as they flow well after the launch.

Yeah. No point in rushing for a game to be complete for launch if it's not ready. Better to leave a lasting impression (especially if its a new IP) than selling yourself short to pursue some sales at launch. Plus it helps pad out the games better. 

Though for Ubisoft.. I think its more of business decision, if anything. Releasing both Watchdogs and AC4 in the same month would eat into each other sales. It would make more sense if they were to delay the unproven title, pretty it up and make it better than releasing as is with something like Assassins Creed.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Otakumegane said:
Uhh didn't the WiiU drought effect happen because of titles being delayed in the 1st place?

The difference, as I see it, is that those were titles that were supposed to prevent a drought by releasing after the launch but during the launch window.

DriveClub & Watch Dogs were launch titles that were delayed but may still end up being launch window games.

DriveClub is an early 2014 game now, as well as Watch Dogs. i would assume both will release in March. or Infamous is pushed back to early march while DC releases early Jan. 

Otakumegane said:

Pikmin and Rayman were "launch window" titles, delayed to outside the launch window. They weren't ever actually day 1 releases so it's slightly different.

As it is, Drive Club and Watchdogs have sliped from launch day to launch window (first few months of a consoles lifecycle). Further delays though, and yeah, it'll become a drought.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

bananaking21 said:
Kresnik said:
Otakumegane said:

DriveClub is an early 2014 game now, as well as Watch Dogs. i would assume both will release in March. or Infamous is pushed back to early march while DC releases early Jan. 

I hope it's

Driveclub=January

Infamous=February

Watch Dogs=March

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers