By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has "Games with Gold, Server Support' convinced you to pick up a Xbox 360 or even a Xbox One?

Games with Gold has convinced me to pick up Xbox 360, or Xbox One

True. 46 37.40%

False. 62 50.41%

Neither. 14 11.38%

Total:122

It needs work, I think. No one can expect it to be at the level of PS+ yet but you also can't blame people for not jumping on board. In all honesty, about the only thing that could entice me to buy at 360 at this point is a $99 price tag and free Halo 4.

The XO is a different story. If this promotion keeps pace with PS+ on the PS4, then it's a new ball-game.

Around the Network

While I'm glad for Games With Gold, I don't think it's much of a selling point to new consumers. It's more of a gift to existing users.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
While I'm glad for Games With Gold, I don't think it's much of a selling point to new consumers. It's more of a gift to existing users.

Couldn't have said it any better. In order for it to be a selling point it would have to be a seperate entity from Xbox Live.

DJEVOLVE said:
Scisca said:
DJEVOLVE said:
dane007 said:
nope. had the xbox 360 launch console and was on xbox live gold then which was way before the games for gold idea came out. i am getting xbox one regardless of the plan. As a gamer i will be getting all of them including ps4 and Wii U so i can enjoy their exclusive first party games :)

Yea I got a Wii U and I'm kinda of pissed at them. I had a bad launch Wii U which we returned but my profile on that Wii U can't be recovered unless I call Nintendo and have them fiscally to it. Also, Why have they not come up with a achievement system. Have they not figured out that it just adds to the experience. Kinda of is pushing me away from the system, They are behind on so many things and simple things.

Couldn't agree more. It's really hard to believe that they released a new console in 2012 and it's still so far behind PS360 in so many important and obvious aspects. Shame on Nintendo.

OT: No. I want to get a X360 to play the exclusives, but I want to get it on the cheap - 99 Euro max. I don't care about Live and these games. I just want to play Alan Wake, Gears and see what all the fuss about Halo is. PS3 wil surely remain my main platform and I'll play all multiplats on it.

Last year it was 99$ on Black Friday, So I'm sure you could get a better deal with more memory this year.

Cool, but I'm from Europe, so BF doesn't really do much fo me. Still, it will reach that price without a doubt, a major price cut is long overdue for X360 as the current price is just ridiculous. When it reaches 99 Euro - I'm gonna get one, I can even wait a year or more :)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

KylieDog said:
TheSting said:
KylieDog said:
I own a 360 and stopped paying for Gold. Really old games aren't going to make me get Gold again or buy a XBone.

They're so old I wouldn't play them even if they were free, and I own disc copies of some, which I'll never play again.

45,000 gamers on H3 did lol. Old doesn't mean anything if you haven't played it. & the ones I hadn't played were AC2 that Earth Defense game which I love and that Dead Rising one. Ppl play old games all the time. In the case of Dead Rising and AC2 I'm sure it was free to get ppl into the series like me. 

I find it hard to believe anyone who lkes Halo hasn't played Halo 3, or that anyone who was interested in Assassin's Creed hasn't bought AC2 by now, can pick it up for next to nothing, have been several Halo and AC games since each released, really should have gave away newer ones, I got AC3 from PS+ last month, less than a year old and the latest game in the series.   GwG should be giving away Halo Anniversary or Halo 4.

Well I'm definitely here to let you know that you are 100% wrong. Maybe even more. There are a ton of ppl who haven't played Halo and a couple of those other games. Old is irrelevant if you haven't played it because it's new to you.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
I own a 360 and stopped paying for Gold. Really old games aren't going to make me get Gold again or buy a XBone.

They're so old I wouldn't play them even if they were free, and I own disc copies of some, which I'll never play again.

Dead Rising 2 is not that old.

TheSting said:
KylieDog said:
TheSting said:

45,000 gamers on H3 did lol. Old doesn't mean anything if you haven't played it. & the ones I hadn't played were AC2 that Earth Defense game which I love and that Dead Rising one. Ppl play old games all the time. In the case of Dead Rising and AC2 I'm sure it was free to get ppl into the series like me. 

I find it hard to believe anyone who lkes Halo hasn't played Halo 3, or that anyone who was interested in Assassin's Creed hasn't bought AC2 by now, can pick it up for next to nothing, have been several Halo and AC games since each released, really should have gave away newer ones, I got AC3 from PS+ last month, less than a year old and the latest game in the series.   GwG should be giving away Halo Anniversary or Halo 4.

Well I'm definitely here to let you know that you are 100% wrong. Maybe even more. There are a ton of ppl who haven't played Halo and a couple of those other games. Old is irrelevant if you haven't played it because it's new to you.

Not true. If it were, wouldn't old games and consoles sell as well as new ones? They wouldn't go down in price either.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

DJEVOLVE said:
Scisca said:

Couldn't agree more. It's really hard to believe that they released a new console in 2012 and it's still so far behind PS360 in so many important and obvious aspects. Shame on Nintendo.

OT: No. I want to get a X360 to play the exclusives, but I want to get it on the cheap - 99 Euro max. I don't care about Live and these games. I just want to play Alan Wake, Gears and see what all the fuss about Halo is. PS3 wil surely remain my main platform and I'll play all multiplats on it.

Last year it was 99$ on Black Friday, So I'm sure you could get a better deal with more memory this year.

@DJEVOLVE that is a good deal especially for the the 360 but Black friday isnt in Europe so @Scisca cant get those deals but maybe after the holidays he can find something (as that is when europe tends to have their best deals such as Boxing day in the UK), But have you seen the deals they are having this year for Black Friday at gamestop? http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridayScans/GameStop/2 Great Deals this year, although i do wanna say it was leaked and it could  be fake or they might change the deals but i like what i am seeing for these deals.
anyways OT:
XBLive Gold really has never been a defining factor for me to get the 360 But sure Games for gold could persuade me to get a 360 or ONE (my 360 broke so yeah :/ it would have to be my second time I get the system) If it offered a more fresh catalog of games or games that I dont already have or more games per month, So maybe in some time or a couple of years (however long it takes) once the catalogue has grown then I might be a defining factor for me to get a One or another 360, For now i'll wait to see what is to come.

DJEVOLVE said:
KylieDog said:

Dead Rising 2 is not that old.

Dead Rising 2 is like twelve bucks or less at Gamestop now. You're right its three years old, but it was devalued quickly because Dead Rising tends to by default.

Osc89 said:
TheSting said:
KylieDog said:
TheSting said:

Not true. If it were, wouldn't old games and consoles sell as well as new ones? They wouldn't go down in price either.

How is that not true? I'm not talking about sales or anything like that I'm talking about personally. I said played