By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Review Scores: GTA V! Your Vote!

What do You think of GTA V?

1-2 - KILL MEEEEE 2 4.35%

3 - Worst Shit ever 0 0%

4 - Oh no... 0 0%

5 - Overrated! 4 8.70%

6 - Good Enough... 2 4.35%

7 - Yeah, it's Good! 3 6.52%

8 - It's soooo gooood! 7 15.22%

9 - Clearly a Masterpiece! 14 30.43%

10 - Perfection! 8 17.39%

View Results 6 13.04%

Total:46

So, I made a thread where I asked this community what you really think of Zelda: WW HD. I'm also thinking about making this a returning thread series (if it proves popular enough), and if that's the case I can't ignore one of the biggest releases this year of all time.

What do you guys think of:

GTA V

So, vote and please do share some of your thoughts!

And if you haven't played the game please feel free to ask things about it to those that have, but don't come in here and troll and/or flame!

DO NOT VOTE UNLESS YOU HAVE PLAYED THE GAME!!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I would give it a 9.5. It's a brilliant game but imo it fails to be awesome at major aspects as story, choices or property management (and money management).

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Better than IV in almost every aspect but noting innovative. 9.0-9.3 to me

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

What makes it so good then? I haven't played much with any entry to the series so I'm curious =)

And don't forget to vote!

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
What makes it so good then? I haven't played much with any entry to the series so I'm curious =)

A huge open world with a lot to do, attention to detail like no other game of this scale, simple but effective story that leads to: very enjoyable dialogs and cutscenes based on a satire of the lifestyle of the western countries, specially america, very likable characters and crazy as fuck npc's, , lots of funny moments (both during cutscens and gameplay), most of the main mission are fun to play and offer enough variety (weakest point in GTA IV imo), very competent driving and shooting mechanics for a sandbox game, also playing with 3 different characters makes the game much less repetitive and makes you play through more different situations.

These are the main strong points imo.

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
DanneSandin said:

A huge open world with a lot to do, attention to detail like no other game of this scale, simple but effective story that leads to: very enjoyable dialogs and cutscenes based on a satire of the lifestyle of the western countries, specially america, very likable characters and crazy as fuck npc's, , lots of funny moments (both during cutscens and gameplay), most of the main mission are fun to play and offer enough variety (weakest point in GTA IV imo), very competent driving and shooting mechanics for a driving game, also playing with 3 different characters makes the game much less repetitive than other sandbox games.

And it's pretty strong strong points ^^ I'll have to try it out eventually!

I'd also like to hear from people who didn't find it as enjoyable - IF there are any!? Is this GOTY?

DanneSandin said:
ghettoglamour said:
DanneSandin said:

A huge open world with a lot to do, attention to detail like no other game of this scale, simple but effective story that leads to: very enjoyable dialogs and cutscenes based on a satire of the lifestyle of the western countries, specially america, very likable characters and crazy as fuck npc's, , lots of funny moments (both during cutscens and gameplay), most of the main mission are fun to play and offer enough variety (weakest point in GTA IV imo), very competent driving and shooting mechanics for a driving game, also playing with 3 different characters makes the game much less repetitive than other sandbox games.

And it's pretty strong strong points ^^ I'll have to try it out eventually!

I'd also like to hear from people who didn't find it as enjoyable - IF there are any!? Is this GOTY?

On the flipside I still feel like the map is too big for the things you can actually do. You'll be driving a lot from A to B and if that's a problem it might turn you off.

I also felt a bit dissapointed with the heists, I wish there were more of them (maybe optional ones) and with more freedom of choice on how you approach them.

Also the money becomes at the end worthless and buying properties is both pointless and meaningless (this was actually way better in Vice City)

And yeah, the story is not really worth mentioning. I mean the dialogs are superb but the plot is nothing special. Overall it's a awesome game but at its core it's "just" another great GTA.

If these things were better it'd be fucking 10 out 10 and GOTY for me. This way I still prefer The Last of Us because it made me feel like never before playing a video game.

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Played it, finished the main story, haven't touched it since. Very over hyped/rated. Apart from the size of the map nothing stood out as being better than 4. Like all of the GTAs since 3 it feels like big DLC rather than a full game.

Mistershine said:
Played it, finished the main story, haven't touched it since. Very over hyped/rated. Apart from the size of the map nothing stood out as being better than 4. Like all of the GTAs since 3 it feels like big DLC rather than a full game.

Well, that's an interesting POV! You don't think the heists were pretty cool? What score did you give it, if you don't mind sharing? And if people calls you stupid or whatever it'll be reported (unless you're obvi trolling^^)