By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shameless DBZ Game Promotion

rendo said:
Could at least give mine a try then! :P Assuming you like DBZ that is.

It's why i posted in the thread.  Getting ready to turn in today but posted to keep my place to give it a shot later.

Around the Network

I just want a real DB game with everything that happened in the Manga, it the best cartoon when i was a kid. Everything from Goku meets Bulma to The Boo saga.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

The game doesn't really follow the shows storyline, but other than that it sticks close to the show as possible. Transformations, attacks are all based on whichever race you choose.

0) Saiyan
1) Human
2) Halfbreed
3) Namek
4) Icer
5) Android-h
6) Android-e
7) Android-fm
8) Bio-Android
9) Kaio
10) Demon
11) Hydian
12) Ghetti
13) Magic-Demon
14) Tuffle
15) Konatsu
16) Kanassian

Are all the races we have available in the game. Each race has its own advantages/disadvantages. You gain powerlevel by killing mobiles(NPC, Non player controlled), sparring with other players, sparring splitforms, gravity training, or meditating.

You move around with simple north, south, east, west commands similar to zork. Here's a quick display of an attack being used and gaining powerlevel from it.

(LifeForce: Ki: PowerLevel:)
(Enemy: Focus: Armor:)
tri-b
You form your fingers and thumbs into a triangle, lining up Maza in your sights. Powerful inner energy gathers in the space between your hands. You shout out, 'TRI-BEAM!' before shooting an incredible pulse of energy towards Maza. [66]
You _demolish_ Maza! [66]
Your powerlevel increases by 74,745,793 points.
Maza concedes that you have won this spar.
Maza sits down.
Total powerlevel gained this spar: 74,745,793

We have scouters to scan players/mobs to see their strength, you train your stats like a traditional RPG, you get equipment that modifies your stats and gives you armor to make you stronger and fight better.

There's player vs player fighting, dragonball hunts, spacewars, Saiyan Invasions, quests to get epic gear/skills. We currently have 13 players on, and we average anywhere from 10-25 at anytime during the day/night. It's also free to play, and we have a great Roleplay system for those who want to train characters separately from the game itself. :D

Basically if you've ever wanted to be in a DBZ-like universe, this is a fun way to do it. It may not have sexy graphics, but that's what the imagination is for. Simple, yet complex with a lot of other neat things in the game. :)

Does it list the advantages and disadvantages of the reaces soemwhere?

love love love muds.

I made one once for fun (it was very bad though).

I'll probably give this a go some time.

Around the Network

Yes and no. Each race has their own helpfiles that discuss what the race is about and what they have. Advantages are usually in there, some of the helpfiles need to be update with some of the recent changes, and most of the disadvantages are simply what they don't have. Examples being Nameks can create splitforms and have access to meditate powerlevel gains, where as Saiyans do not have splitforms and meditate gains.

Basically it comes down to what your preference in the game is and how you want to play, if you want to Roleplay as that race, etc. Some people don't like playerkilling so they don't choose a race that requires playerkilling like Bio-Androids, Tuffles or Magic-Demons(Buu's race). Most players usually have a few characters of different races as they experiment looking for the type of race that suits their playing style.

Well trying out an Android. Seems like i shouldof started elsewhere do to the special upgrade stuff.

Androids are powerful, but aren't probably a good race for a new player. Humans, Saiyans, Nameks are all easy to play races to start off with.

http://apps.facebook.com/dbi_mud/

Added a Facebook APP, Myspace app pending approval.

I love DBZ might give this game a try sometime