By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft Working On Secret Games For Nintendo Wii

Ubisoft Working On Secret Games For Nintendo Wii

February 11, 2008

Washington (dbTechno) - It is looking as if Ubisoft has some secret plans for the Nintendo Wii. They have stated that they have games in development which have yet to be revealed to the public. Could this be a new Prince of Persia for the Wii, a new Splinter Cell, or something totally different?

Yannis Mallat of Ubisoft has come out and stated that they have big plans for the Nintendo Wii in the future, they just have not yet revealed those plans to the public.

He stated that there is a lot of room on the Nintendo Wii for a big adventure game. He cited the success of The Legend of Zelda as well as Red Steel, which sold 1.2 million copies, on the Wii. He stated those sales go against the belief that only casual games can perform well on the Nintendo Wii platform.

Ubisoft Montreal is currently working on DS games, but Mallat assured gamers that “we are developing some other Wii titles that we are going to be able to talk about soon.”

Source: Here

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Halo 3 (X360), Brain Age (NDS), Pokemon Diamond (NDS), Warhawk (PS3) 

Around the Network

I think that's great, but his whole use of RS and TLoZ as "hardcore" games selling on the Wii is cherry picking, as first, they are both launch games, and Red Steel was panned by the critics. But it's good that Ubi is making games for the Wii, this will help their third party sales.

DMeisterJ said:
I think that's great, but his whole use of RS and TLoZ as "hardcore" games selling on the Wii is cherry picking, as first, they are both launch games, and Red Steel was panned by the critics. But it's good that Ubi is making games for the Wii, this will help their third party sales.

I disagree. Launch games. But name a hardcore game that has actually sold poorly on the Wii.

Let alone ones of the adventure genre. Only thing i could see being argued is that it's weird to consider Red Steel an "adventure" game.

The only games i know of that have sold poorly were PS2 games tht sold under a million on the PS2 in the first place... and those were of the Sandbox variety... that were rated fairly poorly.

^^Manhunt 2, but that looked like a dumb game anyways.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Manhunt 2 was more like a port from the PS2 than anything. Even though they designed the Wii version with the controls in mind.

Wii version was okay but everyone should know that this was a PS2 franchise only, which I didn't like at all.

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Halo 3 (X360), Brain Age (NDS), Pokemon Diamond (NDS), Warhawk (PS3) 

Around the Network
nordlead said:

Manhunt 2 has a metacritic rating of 63.

Putting it below EA Playground in quality... in a media group that really hates minigame collections. (Granted the same goes for Red Steel.)

I'd assume they'd plan to make a game better then EA Playground.

DMeisterJ said:

No sir, saying Zack and Wiki for reasons why GOOD 3rd party "hardcore" games don't sell on the Wii, is cherrypicking.

Virtually every other quality game on the Wii that is considered "hardcore" is selling quite well, and in most cases better than expected.

He only used those 2 games as examples, because Ubisoft created RS, and Zelda is they genre of game he wants to make.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

nordlead said:

Manhunt 2 sold poorly because it's a terrible, shovelware title.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Soriku said:
BG&E2?

Probably just another Prince of Persia game. Though one that wasn't just a re-release with a different name.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
nordlead said:

Manhunt 2 sold poorly because it's a terrible, shovelware title.

It wasn't shovelware.  They put a lot of time and effort into the game.  It just sucked.