By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will all the great games still coming to PS3 hurt PS4?

Sony still has some huge games coming out to the PS3 and I am not even considering third party games. This is especially true if you like Japanese style games.

Gran Turismo 6

Final Fantasy X-X2 HD

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix

Ratchet and Clank Into Nexus

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma

Aquapazza Aqua Dream Match

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle

The Guided Fate Paradox

Until Dawn

Plus potentially

Agent 

Last Guardian

I know not all those games are huge but I think Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy X-X2, Rachet and Clank and some of the Tales games can still do quite well. Is this line up enough to delay your PS4 purchase. Do you have any third party titles you want to mention that will prevent you from getting the new system? 

Let me know.

Around the Network

It will but just moderately but after that the PS4 should start getting a large amount of 3rd party support for next generation in a short time so it will not matter much in the end.

agent? the last guardian? lol.

Yep, but shouldn't be to long before all the devs make the switch to next gen

CoD
BF 4

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

It should, but it won't.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

For the short term, yes, though only slightly. In the long term, those who buy a PS3 and are happy with it are going to more likely to eventually buy a PS4. Besides, most people don't purchase a console close to launch, anyway, but instead wait until it builds up critical mass.

destiny
ac blackflag

screw it here's a list

http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/ps3

It will.
It may not hurt HW at launch, but there`s the risk that it will hurt on the SW side. 400$ is still an high price to pay for a console and then comes the SW spending.
During BF and Christmas, many stores will likely choose the PS3 version of X game to lower price as to also attract the PS3-only userbase, leavin less sales for PS4 SW.

Not only that, but seeing as most titles will also come out on PS3, 400$ is an expensive price to pay for only a few exclusives. Also, even those exclusives aren`t the top franchises, the system sellers.

It will affect ps4 just like ps1 affect ps2

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m