By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Rumor(link)80 gb Playstation 3 sooner than we thought

Follow this link...

http://www.gadgetell.com/2007/04/rumor-80-gb-sony-ps3-sooner-than-we-thought/

Anyone wnat to guess how much this will cost??? or does this mean they will discount the 60 gb Ps3???

Around the Network

Perhaps i'm not like all the 360 guys, but I don't know why you would want a 120 gig, or 80 gig hard drive in a game system. I have a 40 gig hard drive on my computer and find it to be plenty big. I realize you can fill it up with movies/music, but besides that I don't see the reason for such a huge hard drive.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Hey I am happy with my inexpensive Wii

It will be the price the 60 gb one is now, and drop the 60 gb price.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

How can you live with only 40 gigs on your PC? Man...I'd die with just that much. Then again, I only have 200, and it's pretty much full...I'm gonna get 750 with my new PC this summer hopefully.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

My main PC has 250 + 120, and both are almost full. A lot of my data is duplicated though, in case one of the drives fails. My web server is running just fine on a single 20 GB drive. :)

If they actually go ahead and make this thing, it will be a straight replacement of the 60GB version. The truth of the matter is that hard drives get bigger, not cheaper, so it makes sense to increase the size of the hard drive every once in a while. There's no point selling both a 60 and an 80 GB version since there is very little difference between the two

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

question is does the 80 gig use the 65 nano chips ?

i think it would be smart to release an 80GB one if these are the ones w/ the 65nm chips and other such price-reducing parts. they can then sell it at the same price or even lower and make it look like a much better deal. especially, when compared to the Elite.