By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much do each of the big three spend on advertising?

Wii adverts are shown almost constantly in the UK and they're pretty effective. Sony's adverts are second most common and the PS3 features very heavily in the adverts for games like burnout paradise. 360 adverts have become almost non existen in the UK now. I was just wondering what the situation was like worldwide, and who you think has the most effective adverts and who has the largest advertising budget

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

Around the Network

360 advertises more in newspapers now

how much in $$? Idk that but in NA, Ninty rarely if ever advertises

wiiforever said:

Really? in the UK we have a constant barrage of ninty advertisments, in fact i'm watching one right now, chances are i'll see another in a few seconds

solojohlo said:
Wii adverts are shown almost constantly in the UK and they're pretty effective. Sony's adverts are second most common and the PS3 features very heavily in the adverts for games like burnout paradise. 360 adverts have become almost non existen in the UK now. I was just wondering what the situation was like worldwide, and who you think has the most effective adverts and who has the largest advertising budget

I'm in the UK and I've only seen one PS3 TV ad but regularly see 360 ads. Most recent was DMC4 for the 360.

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
wiiforever said:

Really? in the UK we have a constant barrage of ninty advertisments, in fact i'm watching one right now, chances are i'll see another in a few seconds

i guess The Wii has enuff hype already in America

I saw a report about this somewhere. It was in Norwegian, but I'll find you the link.

It said that in Scandinavia, MS used 6 times the money of Sony on advertising, which again used 8 times of Nintendo. Up here in the North, MS are desparetely trying to get more buyers. In most of my nearby stores, there are hanging X360 posters around and all that.

Scandinavia was according to another page, the place Nintendo used 3rd most money on advertising in comparison to Wiis sold. This means MS and Sony use a lot more money than Nintendo, possibly because the Wiis sell themselves.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oh, here is the link to the first, I can't find the second.

www.vg.no/spill/stats/6407

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

In the UK it seems Nintendo avertise alot, MS after that, then last is Sony. Other then a few game ad for Uncharted, Ratchet, Singstar and Burnout, that's all I see for PS3.

Not at all ever do I seem Sony advertising the PS3 console. PSP ads (with those 2 stupid dust balls) stopped sometime last year I think.

Sony were meant to be launching a new advertising campaign, weren't they? I haven't seen it yet.

Hmm, pie.

In the UK in the past 5 months the only advert for the 360 i have seen is that stupid one where they set up a living room in the street, but ive seen literally a hundred wii adverts and a lot for uncharted and singstar

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome