By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My switch from a 60GB PS3 to a 40GB.

Post deleted

Around the Network

u can use a usb hub for your ps3 to expand the number of usb ports.

ok....it seems as if u made a good switch

I thought about making the switch to a 40GB and selling my 60GB on ebay for a profit but i reconsidered as i do use the BC now and again and also the card slots come in handy to transfer saved games to other machines :D

Yeah I just saw the deal on Futureshop but I don't have enough money right now. :(

Around the Network

how many are they selling their 60GB version on eBay?

hmm, I don't mind selling mine and switch to 40, as long as I can get some money for some games. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Post deleted

wow youre a nice kid, very thoughtful.
did your mom try out the new ratchet and clank game yet?
you should let her play uncharted too

edit: I dont notice any sound coming from my 60gb.
what do you mean its even quieter?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Yah the only thing I was worried about when it came to getting a 40g was the USB slots, I would need to buy a hub. I can deal with the lack of PS2 support for now, I know BC will be available in some time to come, but for now PS3 support is more important. I do like the quieter model, and you can always upgrade the hard-drive yourself, so that wasn't much of an issue.

Good transition I'd say though :)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

iclim4 said:
wow youre a nice kid, very thoughtful.
did your mom try out the new ratchet and clank game yet?
you should let her play uncharted too

She has not yet played Ratchet and Clank Future, she was too happy that Sly Cooper launched on the first try to try anything else.

I'll get her to play Uncharted, since she does like Naughty Dog.

Edit in response to your edit: Well, the 60gb is pretty quiet, but I do hear the fan a little sometimes, mostly when playing upconverted media (PS2 and DVD). With the 40gb, I can't hear a thing. The sound from a 60gb is nothing my tv's volume on 5 (out of 30) can't suppress.